Under 10's teams consist of 8 players. The emphasis is on fun and encouraging players to attack space, move the ball, support team members and communicate.
The principles of play for the under 10's are to demonstrate:
• Going forward and support
• Continuity and pressure
• Contest possession in a variety of game and practice situations.
The rules are 8 v 8 with the introduction of:
• Competition for the ball introduced through rucks and mauls including the ball carrier + 1, tackler +1
• Uncontested scrum (nearest 3)
• No line-out (uncontested scrum to restart)
• Size 3/4 Ball
Training and matches are on Sunday's from 10:30 to 12:00, with at this stage the emphasis still more on training than on competitive matches. Parents are requested to stay at the club while their children are training, as the occasional bump may require attention.
If there any more boys or girls in Year 5 who would like to join us we would be delighted to see you at a training session on Sunday. No experience necessary just enthusiasm and commitment!