I would like to draw your attention to the IRB Law amendments approved for global trial at the start of the Northern Hemisphere season at, or around, 1st September 2012.
(The amendments can be implemented during pre-season and cup matches taking place in August)
I would be most grateful if you could share the email and attached presentation with coaches and referees involved in Rugby at all levels of the game.
If you go to http://www.irblaws.com/2012/
you will find all the information you need including detailed descriptions of all law amendments and supporting videos.
1. Law 3.4 Players Nominated as Substitute
2. Law 4 Players Clothing - Provisions Permitting the Use of GPS
3. Law 4.2 Special Additional Items of clothing for women
4. Law 4.3 Studs
5. Law 6.A.6 (b) Referee Consulting with Others [TMO Trial]
6. Law 9.B.1 Taking a Conversion Kick
7. Law 12 1 Outcome of a Knock-On or Throw Forward
8. Law 16.7 Unsuccessful End to a Ruck
9. Law 19.2 Quick Throw-In
10. Law 20.1 (g) Forming a Scrum
11. Law 21.4 Penalty and Free Kick Options and Requirements
If you want to discuss these amendments in more detail we recommend that you contact your local referee society.