Code of Conduct for Parents/Guardians
ANYONE WHOSE BEHAVIOUR IS DEEMED TO BE IN BREECH OF THE ABOVE WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE TOUCHLINE AND MAY BE BANNED FROM ATTENDING GAMES IN THE FUTURE
- Teach your child to treat everyone equally and sensitively regardless of their gender, ethnic origin or cultural background.
- Do not force an unwilling child to take part in Rugby League.
- Encourage your child to always play by the rules and to respect the match officials.
- Young people are involved in organised sport for their enjoyment - not yours.
- Never ridicule or shout at your child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- Teach your child that effort and teamwork are as important as victory, so that the result of each game is accepted without undue disappointment.
- Insist on fair and disciplined play - do not tolerate foul play, cheating, foul, sexist or racist language.
- Turn defeat into victory by helping young people towards skill improvement and good sportsmanship.
- Remember that young people learn best by example.
- Do not question publicly the judgement of match officials and never their honesty.
- Recognise the value and importance of volunteer coaches and administrators - they give their time, energy and resources to provide recreational activities for your child.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal, physical, sexist and racial abuse from Rugby League.