Largo Sixes – Sunday 9th September 2018 – Rules
Largo 1, Largo 2 and Largo 3
Dunfermline Wanderers, St Andrews Uni Staff and Woodcutters CC
1230 - Largo 1 v Largo 2
1315 - St Andrews Uni Staff v Dunfermline Wanderers
1400 - Largo 1 v Largo 3
1445 - Dunfermline Wanderers v Woodcutters
1530 - Largo 2 v Largo 3
1615 - Woodcutters v St Andrews Uni Staff
1700 - Group 1 winners v Group 2 Winners
- Each game will be 5 overs per side. 1 designated wicketkeeper with other 5 players bowling 1 over each.
- Each over will consist of 6 regulation and fair deliveries, up to a maximum of 8 deliveries. Only the first 2 wides or no-balls will be counted (1 run as per normal rules). This is to ensure that those more occasional bowlers are not put at too great a disadvantage.
- Every boundary will score 6 runs (instead of normal 4) and maximums will score 10 (instead of normal 6).
- Batsmen to retire when they get to 30.
- At the fall of the 5th wicket, the not out batsman can continue to bat until he is out or retired, returning to the strikers end after every single or 3. All 6 batsmen have to be ‘out’ or retired before the team is ‘all out’.
- Teams are encouraged to mix up the batting line up for each game to ensure everyone gets ‘a turn’.
- Coin toss shall be done during the second innings of the current game to ensure that the batting team is ready to go as soon as the previous game finishes.
- Competition will consist of 2 groups of 3 teams, playing the other teams in their group. Group winners will play a grand final.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be the team who lost fewer wickets. If wickets lost are the same there will be a sudden-death bowl off to decide the winner.