Workington v. Hartlepool United
FA Trophy First Round
In conjunction with Hartlepool United, and following discussions with the police both locally and in Cleveland, the following has been agreed regarding the FA Trophy First Round fixture between the two clubs.
1. The game is to be segregated with the Hartlepool spectators being allocated the Derwent End of Borough Park with the remainder of the ground available to home supporters. The Derwent End will be cordoned off in such a way as to create an empty area between both sets of spectators while extra stewards will be brought in to cover the expected increased attendance numbers.
2. The admission prices agreed between the two clubs are as follows: -
Adult: £13, Concession: £9, Youth (12-17): £5, Children (under 12): £3.
The increase in admission reflects the different price structures of both clubs. It also has taken into account the additional costs incurred to enable a game of this standing to go ahead.
3. All home tickets are classed as ground admission to the three areas designated for home fans: -
Popular Side, Town End, Enclosure
Seating on the Popular Side will be on a first come, first served basis.
4. Tickets will be on sale on the following dates and times: -
a) Saturday 9th December at the Mickleover game in the Social Club between 1.00 -2.30pm
b) Monday 11th to Friday 15th at the club in the Shankly Lounge from 10.00am – 2.00 pm daily
c) Monday evening at the club in the Shankly Lounge from 4.00 – 7.00pm
d) A maximum of 4 tickets per person
5. Due to the nature of the game and the increase in numbers, the police have indicated that there may be random searches carried out by stewards to ensure the safety of everyone attending. Therefore, please do not be offended if you are one of those chosen as those responsible have a duty of care towards everyone’s safety.
6. Entry to the Social Club will be restricted to home fans only and entry will be limited to the capacity as stated in the health and safety rules, as laid down in our ground regulations. If that capacity is reached then entry will only be allowed once others leave the social club. Please therefore understand that if the capacity is reached, you may have to wait to enter.
7. The normal restriction at Borough Park for all games, as stipulated by the police, is that no alcohol is permitted outside the Social Club. Anyone in possession of alcohol on the terraces will be in breach of this ruling and will risk being removed from the ground.
8. As a board we are endeavouring to ensure that the afternoon goes smoothly. The crowd for this game will hopefully be much greater than we normally welcome to Borough Park and we wish for everyone to have an enjoyable experience. To enable this to happen we all have to play our part to make this a day for everyone to remember, and so we advise spectators to arrive early.
9. Gates will open at 1.30pm with each turnstile able to accept all home tickets so families or groups of friends are able to enter via the same turnstile. Away fans will be admitted separately.
10. Entering the field of play at any time by spectators is prohibited by FA rules and can result in spectators being evicted from the ground or being arrested.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation in helping make Saturday 16th December a successful day for all concerned with Workington AFC.
Updated 10:41 - 6 Dec 2017 by Paul Armstrong