As the club prepares for the 2017/18 season, we are keen to advertise two job roles.
Senior Section Secretary and First Team Match Day Secretary. Interested parties should in the first instance contact Senior Section General Manager Scott Carlton on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07500804057 if an informal chat or to apply for the roles. Whilst previous experience would be advantageous, it is not essential as full training would occur.
Please find job specifications below:
Senior Section Secretary
• Registering/transferring players - sending properly completed forms via email to the league registrar.
• Maintaining the player database spreadsheet and using it to generate registration numbers.
• Ensuring that FA and league rules are complied with re: transfers.
• Communicating with other clubs re transfers (submitting/receiving 7 days notice and completing transfer forms when appropriate).
• Ensuring that all players that play on a Saturday are properly registered, including being able to answer any questions from management about the eligibility of players.
• Ground grading - communicating with the league over ground grading matters and liaising with the General Manger and Chairman over any subsequent actions, whist ensuring the club is compliant with ground regulations on match days.
• In conjunction with the Match Day Secretary, arranging and attending any pitch inspections as required and communicating details of any postponements to the league/opposition/match officials.
• Managing communications with other clubs, leagues and The Football Association.
• Be the club's representative at all league meetings for the First Team.
• To be responsible for managing the fixture list for the First Team thus ensuring there are no fixture clashes.
• Be responsible for submitting club player registration forms.
• Be dual responsible with the Treasurer over paying league fees, completing Football Association affiliation and ensuring fees are paid.
• Be dual responsible along with the Treasurer and First Team Manager in maintaining the discipline (whole game system) - checking the system for notifications and ensuring invoices due are paid on time, and to acknowledge yellow/red/charges and manage resulting fines/bans.
Match Day Secretary to help support the First Team Management.
The duties involved in the role are as follows:
• Completion of the Match Day Team Sheet for all home and away games, in-accordance with league rules.
Updated 11:08 - 16 Dec 2017 by Brendan Richardson
• To liaise with the Club Secretary and General Manager over kit requirements for forthcoming games, for the First Team.
• To be responsible for match confirmations to be sent to the opposition and officials, a minimum of three days before the fixture date.
• To be responsible for the recording of the data, i.e. scorers and to complete the submission of official match reports to the East Midland Counties League within 48 hours of the game.