Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Rainworth MWFC app


1st Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Rainworth MWFC
Arnold Town
Sat 1 Dec 15:00 - League Full time Attendance 74

Christmas Came Early at the Tomlin Personnel Stadium

Ethan Wiesztort’s dream debut and an excellent all-round Rainworth MWFC performance, put Arnold Town to the sword today with a thoroughly deserved 5-1 victory.

In truth if they had been more clinical with their finishing, they could have inflicted a much heavier defeat on the league’s bottom club. Rainworth’s play at times belied their lowly position, but they continued to be wasteful when in possession, something the manager is working to improve.

As early as the 3rd minute Rainworth gave a glimpse of what was to come when Wiesztort’s cheeky backheel found Ady Harris on the edge of the box and his inch-perfect pass set up Liam Jepson. Jepson’s effort was inches over with Michael Ball in the Arnold net a mere spectator.

Arnold did threaten and in the 7th minute Gavin Saxby had to make a save at the near post from an effort by Curtis Millward. The play was end-to-end and when Harris combined with Jepson the return cross saw his header straight at the keeper and was easily saved.

Rainworth had a let off in the 12th minute when they were caught out by a quick Arnold break which saw Karim Gafaar’s fierce shot strike the post and fortunately end up in Saxby’s arms.

The opening Rainworth goal in the 20th minute was a joy to watch as Jepson’s left wing run left defenders in his wake, his cross found Wiesztort on the right, he played the ball into the onrushing Harris’s path who gave Ball no-chance as he slotted it into the bottom corner.
Rainworth continued to press and it was Wiesztort, again in the thick of the action, who found Jason Dawson, but his header was straight at the keeper.

If Rainworth’s first goal had been a joy to watch, their second was more than its equal. The ball found Josh Asuman on the edge of the area and his excellent reverse ball found the unmarked Wiesztort who passed it into the bottom corner for the second. Minutes later a Jonathan Drake free-kick was headed straight into Ball’s arms by Dawson.

Rainworth continued to gift Arnold the ball and in quick succession Gafaar almost pulled one back for Arnold his first effort being tipped round the post by Saxby and the second striking the crossbar.

The influential Harris, who had been caught late in a tackle minutes earlier, had to be replaced by Callum Pursglove. The change didn’t appear to diminish the performance and minutes later an excellent ball from Jepson saw Asuman’s header graze the top of the crossbar.
Arnold continued to counter-attack and Gafaar and Millward went close, but it was Rainworth who scored. In the dying minutes of the half Pursglove found Asuman but his goal-bound effort was diverted for a corner. From the corner the ball found Jepson, whose run beat numerous defenders and when his cross found Wiesztort he clinically finished for the third.

It was to be the last action of a half Rainworth, in which had produced some of their best football of the season so far.

The second provided no let up on the Arnold goal and when Wiesztort broke down the left, his cross was hit straight at ball by Pursglove. Two minutes later and Rainworth had their fourth when Arnold failed to clear a corner. Scott Taylor was on hand to turn and give Ball no-chance.

Rainworth almost scored an incredible goal when Wiesztort’s cross was acrobatically sent goal-wards by Asuman, but it struck the post before cannoning onto Ball and out for a corner. It was constant Rainworth pressure and Wiesztort went close again but his shot from the edge of the area was well blocked by Ball.

In the next attack Ball was in action again having to make a full-length save from Pursglove at the expense of a corner. Rainworth were forced into another substitution having to replace the injured Asuman with Charlie Hardwick.

Another excellent move saw Jepson put his effort over when well-placed and shortly afterwards Rainworth made their final substitution bringing on Nick Fry for Drake.

Much of the play continued to be in the Arnold half and in the 73rd minute Pursglove’s looping shot was inches over. This was quickly followed by a sumptuous Pursglove pass to Wiesztort whose shot went inches past the far-post with Ball stranded.

The fifth goal came in the 78th minute when Pursglove’s powerful strike was blocked by Ball, but when it fell at Fry’s feet, he gave the keeper no-chance.

Rainworth paid the penalty for a moment lapse when an 84th minute header by Jordan Leeming deceived the keeper and somehow ended up in the net. Undaunted Rainworth went straight down the other end and Hardwick helped Wiesztort’s goal-bound effort over the line, only for it be ruled offside.

There was to be no further chances and the fast-improving Rainworth MWFC had gone a long way to dispel their relegation worries. The only downside after today’s victory was the injuries to key players Harris and Asuman.

RAINWORTH MWFC: Saxby; Henry; Toon; Drake (Fry); Taylor; Dawson; Wiesztort; Davidson; Asuman (Hardwick); Harris (Pursglove); Jepson.
Subs (not used): Copestake; Doyle.

Referee: Mr Rob Rees.

Man of the match: Ethan Wiesztort

Attendance: 74

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors