Code of Conduct for Players
- Players are the most important people in the sport. Playing for the team and for the team to win, is the most fundamental part of the game. But not winning at any cost; Fair play and respect for all others in the game is fundamentally important.
Obligations towards the game -A player should:
- Make every effort to develop his own sporting abilities, in terms of skill, technique, tactics and stamina
- To respect club property (including opposition clubs) at all times
- Give maximum effort and strive for the best possible performance during a game. Even is his team is in a position where the desired result has already been achieved.
- Set a positive example for others, particularly young players and supporters
- Avoid all forms of gamesmanship, time wasting and maintain professional conduct at all time.
- Always have regard to the best interests of the game, including where publicly expressing an opinion on the game and any particular aspect of it, including others involved in the game
- To continually be mindful that Wetherby Rugby League club is a family club and to always adhere to the clubs policy of no swearing when children and families are present.
Obligations towards own team-A player should:
- Make every effort consistent with Fair Play and the Laws of the Game to help his own team win
- Resist any influence that might, or might be seen to, bring into question his commitment to the team winning
- To adhere to the correct dress code for all fixtures (polo shirt/smart jeans)
- To represent the club respectfully and positively at all times
Respect for the Laws of the Game and competition rules-A player should:
ANYONE WHOSE BEHAVIOUR IS DEEMED TO BE IN BREACH OF THE ABOVE WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE TOUCHLINE AND MAY BE BANNED FROM ATTENDING GAMES IN THE FUTURE
- Know and abide by the Laws, rules and spirit of the game, and the competition rules
- Accept success and failure, victory and defeat, equality
- Resist temptation to take banned substances or use banned techniques