Code of Conduct for Coaches
Members of the Coaching staff are required to abide by the Code of Conduct set out below:
ANYONE WHOSE BEHAVIOUR IS DEEMED TO BE IN BREACH OF THE ABOVE WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE TOUCHLINE AND MAY BE BANNED FROM ATTENDING GAMES IN THE FUTURE
- Coaches must respect the rights, dignity and worth of each and every person.
- Coaches must place the well-being and safety of each player above all other considerations, including the development of performance.
- Coaches must adhere to all guidelines laid down by B.A.R.L.A and the Rules of The Rugby League
- Coaches must develop an appropriate working relationship with each player based on mutual trust and respect.
- Coaches must not exert undue influence to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Coaches must encourage and guide players to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance.
- Coaches must ensure that the activities they direct or advocate are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of players.
- Coaches should, at the outset, clarify with the player exactly what is expected of them and also what they are entitled to expect from their coach.
- Coaches must co-operate fully with other specialists (e.g. other coaches, officials, sports scientists, doctors, physiotherapists) in the best interests of the player.
- Coaches must always promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play) and never condone violations of the Laws of the Game, behaviour contrary to the spirit of the Laws of the Game or relevant rules and regulations or the use of prohibited substances or techniques.
- Coaches must consistently display high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- To continually be mindful that Wetherby Rugby League club is a family club and to always adhere to the clubs policy of no swearing when children and families are present
- Always have regard to the best interest of the game, including where publicly expressing an opinion on the game or any particular aspect of it, including others involved in the game.