Ask, Tell - Save A Life - Every Life Matters
The Scottish Government & NHS Scotland have released a short series of five minute animations designed to inform people about the importance of conversations around mental health.
Football recognises that poor mental health could affect us all - fans, players, coaches, backroom staff, volunteers, administrators; our communities. We fundamentally believe that suicide is everyone’s business.
The Scottish FA and the SPFL have committed to the dissemination of these new films across our networks and actively encourage you to do the same.
Together, we can reach hundreds of thousands of people!
We are asking clubs to use their own house style to share these three films across social media and website taking into account:
• Sadly, the suicide rate went up in Scotland last year
• Never has it been more important to talk about how we are feeling
• One in three of us will experience poor mental health this year
• Know that help and support is available
• These new films provide practical advice
• If you are in crisis, contact Breathing Space via 0800 83 85 87
The series of online animations raise awareness around mental health and suicide prevention. These three animations have a common link of Ask Tell:
• Ask, Tell - Look After Your Mental Health: understanding mental health and keeping mentally healthy (open access: https://vimeo.com/338176495)
• Ask, Tell - Save A Life: Every Life Matters: suicide prevention and keeping people safe (open access: https://vimeo.com/338176393)
• Ask, Tell - Have a Healthy Conversation: supporting compassionate conversations with people who may be experiencing mental ill-health or distress or at risk of suicide (using the ALERT model) (open access: https://vimeo.com/338176444)