Welcome to Abergavenny Hockey Club, this page should help you get to know your club a little better.
What you need to know:
- Our Constitution and DocumentsAbergavenny are fully affiliated to Hockey Wales (Our National Governing Body), we have a very strong purpose and work hard to achieve the clubs objectives. We operate fully within our 'Club Constitution' which can be found here.In order to ensure that we achieve our purpose and objectives, the management committee of the club have set out a number of Guidelines and Policies which make the club's stance clear to its members. Please feel free to contact any member of the management committee if you ever need any information or just some guidance regarding our club business.
- The CommitteeOur club have a committee which meets officially every month (and more often when required) to discuss and maintain the running of our club. The committee is elected by the members of our club at every Annual General Meeting as per our club constitution.The committee is always looking for new ways to improve our club. If you have any issues, suggestions or ideas that you would like to be addressed at a committee meeting then please contact our club secretary.
- AffiliationsAll fully paid members of our club are affiliated as members to our National Governing Body (Hockey Wales).Players, Umpires, Social Members and Coaches all have their own membership categories.It is necessary to be affiliated to our National Governing Body for insurance purposes, but there are many other benefits to this membership. See their web-site for further details.
- Umpires and OfficialsOur club is very appreciative and supportive of its match officials and umpires who give up their time to ensure that our games are safe and we hope as enjoyable as possible.Our club has an 'Umpires Co-ordinator' who looks after the development and appointment of umpires and officials to our games.These are our club match officials and umpires.If you are interested in becoming either an umpire or technical official then please contact the Umpire Co-ordinator.
- CoachesAbergavenny have a number of qualified coaches at a range of levels. Each team (both junior and senior) have an appointed coach to their section. The details of the teams and their respective coaches can be found on their relevant team web page. The club have a coaching co-ordinator who is responsible for the development of coaches within Abergavenny Hockey Club and ensuring that they have access to the relevant Hockey Wales and UKCC coach training, mentoring and qualifications. Please contact the Coaching Co-ordinator if you need any further information or have any issues regarding coaching.
- The Teams and their CaptainsAbergavenny have Junior teams (both boys and girls) ranging from under 9's right up to under 18's. For the junior sides, the preferred point of contact is from parent/guardian to the relevant team coach.Abergavenny also have 3 senior ladies teams and 2 senior mens teams. If you would like further information regarding any of these teams then please contact the appropriate team captain directly.
- Social MediaAbergavenny Hockey Club have a Public Facing Facebook page for those people inside and outside of our club who have an interest in it. We like to keep this updated with News reports and links to our web site. By liking our page, Abergavenny Hockey Club will increase its profile online and this has a huge benefit to our club when attracting new sponsors and interest. We would appreciate it if you could Like our Page!We also have a private Facebook group intended at making our club a much tighter knit community and getting everyone to know one another. This is the place where we can be slightly less formal and promote in club social events, etc. Please feel free to join our group.Abergavenny Hockey Club also has a Twitter account, please follow us at @AHCOfficial.We do have some social media guidelines (for reference in case you are unsure of what should and shouldn't be published on an Abergavenny Hockey Club Page).
- Becoming a volunteer at Abergavenny Hockey ClubAbergavenny Hockey Club are always looking for volunteers to help with a range of tasks. These tasks include anything from club administration, helping to coach and manage our junior sides, maintenance of club equipment and goals, attending fixtures as a photographer, first aid provision and many more opportunities. We are very keen to recruit new volunteers. If you would like to get more involved with Abergavenny Hockey Club then please contact any member of the club committee.
- Important dates on the HorizonAll of our official forthcoming events should be listed on our club calendar. Its always worth a check to see what is coming up. Even if you are not playing a game, all of our teams appreciate support and we would welcome you to any future Abergavenny Fixture!
What your club expects of you:
If you want to get involved with Abergavenny Hockey Club, be it attending training, playing, volunteering or anything else, the club will expect a few things of you:
We will expect you to have read and abide by, our Code of Conduct policy
We will expect you to keep the Membership secretary informed as to your personal details and any changes to them. Please see relevant membership form below:
Junior Parental Consent and Emergency Contact Form
Senior Membership Details Form
We will also expect you to understand and agree to the fees that might be due from you.
We will expect you to understand the rules of the game we all love. The latest set of rules are available here.