The AFC Henley Football in the Community project was launched in 2012. It was born out of the success of our Saturday morning Mini-Soccer Centre, which provides coaching for children aged 4 to 8 years old. The M.S.C has grown at a steady pace since it began in 2002. We now have close to some 200 different players joining us on a Saturday.
If you wish to contact us regarding any of the services we provide, or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the community project via email at email@example.com
What we provide
We have a wide variety of activities aimed at the community and we are continuing to develop more. We currently deliver:
- School Clubs
- Holiday camps
- Birthday parties
- Player Development Centres
- Community School Tournaments
- 'Girls Only' Sessions for U4-U11
- Ladies Football (18+)
We deliver a range of After School Clubs and Breakfast Clubs for a variety of schools in the town. This is managed and delivered by Community Manager, Samuel Bell. These are priced at just £4.50 per session! For this, your child will receive a structured coaching programme made up of fun practices and matches. All of our school clubs run in conjunction with the school term and can be delivered to any age group in your school. We currently have courses running at St Mary's, Trinity, Valley Road, and further afield at Moulsford, Ewelme and Stoke Row.For more information, please contact Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org
We run holiday camps in every half term and holiday break.These are organised and run by Jack Woodley, our Holiday Camp Manager. These are 3-day camps and can be attended by all children aged 4-11 years old. We have seen numbers grow every term with over 60 children attending our camps over three days. They run from 10am-3pm and are delivered on the Jubilee Park Astroturf next to Tesco or on the grass pitches adjacent. The camps are very flexible with options for a morning session or a full day, each course will have a complete duration of 3-days (Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Prices are extremely competitive.
Please contact email@example.com for bookings and more information.
There are a couple of ways we can run a birthday party for you:
1 - You are more than welcome to use our facilities at Jubilee Park. We have everything you will need for a fun football party. Our coaches have all the kit they need to run a fun-filled birthday party for your children. We also have a clubhouse next to Tesco which can be used as a mess-room for all party-goers to enjoy a meal and maybe some birthday cake in.
2- If you would prefer to find your own venue for the party, our coaches are more than happy to drive a reasonable distance with our football kit to wherever you choose. Please contact us with a date in mind and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please contact either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Player Development Centres
We have a different P.D.C on every day of the week in the school term.
To find out more information on what our community team can do for you please click on this link - Player Development Centres
Summer Term-only Events:
- The Trevor Howell Community Shield - We have had the pleasure of hosting this tournament at Jubilee Park for the last two years. The shield is in honour of our Chairman, Trevor Howell, because of all the hard work he has put into our club and the Henley community. In 2018 the FA recognised Trevor's contribution to football in the community by giving him Oxfordshire FA's Volunteer of the Year award. We are proud to have him running our affairs and look forward to developing football in Henley-on-Thames even further in the coming years.
- Thursday 7.30-8.30 - Ladies (18+) Session - Every Summer we run a Ladies only session for anyone over 18. You do not have to be a member of the club or have a child attending any of our sessions.
We are continuing to develop our community projects and are in the planning stages, looking to provide many other services such as:
- Womens Football U12-U18
- U12-U18 Holiday Camps
- Inter-School Tournaments & Leagues
- Pre-Season football camps
- Specialist goalkeeper camps
We look forward to announcing more information regarding these projects in the near future.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any more information regarding the various clubs we offer. We would be delighted to hear from you.