For those of you that are participating in the Sponsored walk, please note the following;
- Registration for the Sponsored walk will start from 10:15am. You can arrive any time up to 10:50am with the walk setting off at 11am.
- Upon arrival, please head to the registration desk with your sponsor form and any money collected.
- We are expecting parents to accompany any juniors on the walk, or make arrangements for their own child. Coaches will be joining the walk but will not be taking responsibility for your child unless you specifically conform this with them.
- The walk is on uneven ground. Please wear sensible footwear.
- Dogs are welcome, but must be kept on a lead.
To ensure the safety of our sponsored walkers, the lane through the farm will be closed to traffic from 11am until 12 noon. If you arrive at this time, you may have to wait.
The walkers should return by 12 noon, and then we'll be kicking off on our presentation day.
We have several games going ahead for you to enjoy and there are raffles, music, fun and games. The cafe and bar will be open and we'll be lighting the BBQ for Burgers. Please remember to purchase food and drink from the club and not bring your own as it helps to raise much needed funds.
Timings are estimated, but we'll aim to get the Trophies out for the different teams as follows;
- Soccer School and Under 8's - 12:45pm
- Under's 9's and 10's - 1:30pm
- Under 11's, 12's and 13's - 2:00pm
- Under 16's and Under 18's - 3pm
- Open age and Vets - 3:30pm
Throughout the afternoon, we'll also be presented our three special awards;
The Team of the Season - as voted by the Club members and committee
The Individual of the Season - As voted by Managers and Coaches.
This year we are introducing a brand new award. The Betty Chadderton trophy. Betty, together with her husband Eric was the owner of our grounds and allowed Amaranth to play football at our grounds. Sadly, Betty passed away during the season after a long illness.
The Betty Chadderton Trophy will be awarded to an outstanding junior player as nominated by club members. The Committee will be considering all nomination and selecting a player that has gone over and above over the course of the season. This could be based on performances, attitude, behaviour or any other reason that is worthy of recognition.
Good luck to everyone one the day with their awards.
If the weather is fine, we'll be staying open until everyone has had enough fun or until we've run out of refreshments.
Updated 22:39 - 2 Jun 2019 by Richard Baggott