AMBLESIDE UNITED AMATEUR FOOTBALL CLUB CONSTITUTION AND RULES
1 The Club shall be called Ambleside United Amateur Football Club
The club shall appoint 4 trustees
· The property of the club shall be vested in Trustees, by whom and against whom all proceedings in the name of the Club shall be taken.
· The Trustees shall be indemnified by the Senior Members against all liabilities and expenses incurred by them as Trustees, in so far as the assets of the Club shall be deficient and such indemnity shall be a condition of membership of the Club.
· Each Trustee shall, at the discretion of the Club Committee, be an honorary member and shall be elected at a General Meeting and shall hold office for life or until he/she resigns or is removed from Office by a resolution carried by a majority of Senior Members voting at a General Meeting of the Club.
· The Trustees shall deal with the Property of the club solely as directed by the resolution of the Committee of which entry in the Minutes Book shall be conclusive evidence
2. The objectives of the Club shall be to arrange association football matches, training sessions and social events for its members.
3. The club will be registered with the Westmorland Football Association Ltd
4. Appropriate Insurance as agreed by the committee will be taken out for registered players and officers.
5. The Constitution and Rules (available upon request from the Secretary or Chairperson) form a binding agreement between each member of the Club and any person registering to play football for Ambleside United Football Club during the current season agrees to abide by these rules.
6. RULES AND REGULATIONS (a) The Club shall have the status of an Affiliated Member Club of The Football Association by virtue of its affiliation to/membership of The Football Association. The Rules and Regulations of The Football Association Limited and parent County Association and any League or Competition to which the Club is affiliated for the time being shall be deemed to be incorporated into the Club Rules.
(b) No alteration to the Club Constitution and Rules shall be effective without prior written approval by the Ambleside United Football Club executive committee at an Annual or Special General Meeting.
(c) The Club will also abide by The Football Association’s Child Protection Policies and Procedures, Codes of Conduct and the Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination Policy.
(d) The Club shall elect a registered Child Welfare Officer and the Club shall adopt its own Child protection policy (as enclosed).
7. CLUB MEMBERSHIP (a) The members of the Club from time to time shall be those persons listed in the register of members (the Membership Register), which shall be maintained by the Club Secretary or appointed member.
(b) Membership applications will be ratified by the Committee at the next meeting following receipt of application. The Club shall not restrict anyone from applying for membership.
8. SUBSCRIPTIONS / MATCH FEES The Club Committee shall have the authority to levy subscriptions / match fees from the members as are reasonably necessary to fulfil its objectives.
9. RESIGNATION AND EXPULSION (a) A member shall cease to be a member of the Club if, and from the date on which, he/she gives notice to the Club Committee of their resignation.
(b) The Club Committee shall have the power to expel a member when, in their opinion, it would not be in the interests of the Club for them to remain a member.
(c) A member who resigns or is expelled shall not be entitled to claim any, or a share of any, of the Club Property.
10. CLUB COMMITTEE (a) The Club Committee shall consist of the following Club Officers: President, Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary, , 1st Team Manager(s) from current season, and up to 10 more all elected at an Annual General Meeting or if left vacant, at a subsequent committee meeting.
(b) Each Club Officer and Club Committee Member shall hold office from the date of appointment until the next Annual General Meeting unless otherwise resolved at a Special General Meeting or committee meeting. One person may hold no more than two positions of Club Officer at any time. The Club Committee shall be responsible for the management of all the affairs of the Club. Decisions of the Club Committee shall be made by a simple majority of those attending the Club Committee meeting. The Chairperson of the Club Committee meeting shall have a casting vote in the event of a tie and shall also have the right to veto any decisions of the Club Committee. The Chairperson shall chair meetings of the Club Committee or in their absence the Vice Chairperson or in his absence another appointed deputy. The quorum for the transaction of business of the Club Committee shall be a minimum of five and in the event of there being only 5 attendees any proposal will need to be 80% in favour to be adopted.
(c) Decisions of the Club Committee at meetings shall be entered into the Minute Book of the Club or onto hard paper copy to be maintained by the secretary who, if applicable will also maintain an electronic copy.
(d) Any member of the Club Committee may, by giving at least 7 days notice, call a special meeting of the Club Committee by prior arrangement with the secretary who shall agree a suitable date with the chairperson and will communicate this date to the committee. The Club Committee shall hold not less than four meetings a year.
(e) Any vacancy on the Club Committee, which arises between Annual General Meetings, shall be filled by a member proposed by one and seconded by another of the remaining Club Committee members and approved by a simple majority of the remaining Club Committee members.
(f) Save as provided for in the Rules and Regulations of The Football Association and the County Association to which the Club is affiliated, the Club Committee shall have the power to decide all questions and disputes arising in respect of any issue concerning the Club Constitution and Rules.
11. ANNUAL AND SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING (a) An Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held in each year to:
(i) receive an overview of the activities of the Club over the previous year presented by the respective team Managers and summarised by the Chairperson (ii) receive a report of the Club’s finances over the previous year
(iii) elect the members of the Club Committee
(b). Notice of any Constitution or rule change resolution to be proposed at the AGM shall be given in writing to the Club Secretary prior to the Meeting.
(c) A Special General Meeting (SGM) may be requested at any time by any member with the
supporting signatures of 5 other members stating the purpose of the meeting and any resolutions proposed and shall be called within 21 days of the receipt by the Club Secretary. No other business shall be discussed at the SGM.
(d) The Secretary shall inform each member the date of an Annual General Meeting or SGM, and Committee members of forthcoming Committee meetings.
(e) The quorum for a General Meeting or SGM shall be not less than 8 members
(f) The Chairperson, vice Chairperson or in their absence a member selected by the Club Committee, shall take the chair. Each member present shall have one vote and a simple majority shall pass resolutions. In the event of an equality of votes the Chairperson of the Meeting shall have a casting vote.
(g) The Club secretary or in their absence a member of the Club Committee, shall enter Minutes of General Meetings into the Minute Book of the Club or keep a hard paper copy and if applicable maintain an electronic copy.
12. CLUB FINANCES (a) A bank account shall be opened and maintained in the name of the Club (the Club Account). Designated account signatories shall be any 2 from Club Chairperson, General Manager and Treasurer. No sum shall be drawn from the Club Account except by cheque signed by two designated signatories. All monies payable to the Club shall be received by the Treasurer and deposited in the Club Account.
(b) The income and assets of the Club (the Club Property) shall be applied only in furtherance of the objectives of the Club as determined by the committee.
(c) The Club Committee shall have power to authorise the payment of remuneration and expenses to any member of the Club and to any other person or persons for services rendered to the Club.
(d) The Club shall prepare an annual Financial Statement at its Annual General Meeting, which will be independently audited.
(e) The financial year for the Club is 31st May
13. DISSOLUTION (a) A resolution to dissolve the Club shall only be proposed at an Annual General or Special Meeting and shall be carried by a majority of at least three-quarters of the members present.
(b) The dissolution shall take effect from the date of the resolution and the members of the Club Committee shall be responsible for the winding up of the assets and liabilities of the Club.
(c) Any surplus assets remaining after the discharge of the debts and liabilities of the Club shall be transferred to the Trustee’s of the club.
THE F.A. CHARTER STANDARD EQUALITY POLICY
AMBLESIDE UNITED A.F.C.
Ambleside United A.F.C. is responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the club at every level. Football belongs to and should be enjoyed by anyone who wants to participate in it.
Ambleside United A.F.C. in all its activities will not discriminate or in any way, treat anyone less favourably on grounds of age,gender, gender reassignment,sexual orientation,marital status,race,nationality,ethnic origin,colour,religion or belief,ability or disability.The club will ensure that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in and enjoy its activities.
Ambleside United A.F.C. will not tolerate harassment,bullying,abuse or victimisation of an individual,which for the purposes of this policy and the actions and sanction applicable is regarded as discrimination.
This includes sexual or racially based harassment or other discrimatory behaviour , whether physical or verbal. The club will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with the appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
Ambleside United A.F.C. is committed to taking positive action where inequalities exist and to the development of a programme of ongoing training and awareness raising events and activities to promote the eradication of discrimination and promote equality in football.
Ambleside United A.F.C. is committed to a policy of equal treatment of all members and requires all members to abide and adhere to these policies and the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Ambleside United A.F.C. commits itself to the immediate investigation of any claims when brought to its attention, on discrimination on the above grounds and where such is found to be the case , a requirement that the practice stop and sanctions are imposes as appropriate.
OUR COMMITMENT is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age , gender , gender reassignment , sexual orientation , marital status , race , nationality , ethnic origin , colour or belief , ability or disability and to encourage equal opportunities.
THIS POLICY IS FULLY SUPPORTED BY THE CLUB OFFICERS WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS POLICY.