News & EventsLatest NewsCalendar
Journey to the Semi Final- AFCvBTFC

Journey to the Semi Final- AFCvBTFC

Aveley Football Club2 Mar 2015 - 13:38
Share via

Tonight we host Billericay Town in the Essex Senior Cup Semi Final.

Aveley FC Route-

Third Round-

The Millers trickled through into the last 16 as they defeated Wivenhoe Town just on penalties.

On what was an awful pitch the hosts took the lead up until the last minute of the game as AFC Hornchurch loanee Jamie Hursitt controlled and shot into the bottom corner to take the tie to penalties. After 18 penalties the Millers won 7-6.

Fourth Round-

By far the best win performance wise for the Millers this Essex Cup campaign as the Millers outplayed a very strong Chelmsford City side at Mill Field.

Mathias Bakare opened the scoring, but Cheek finished well to equalise. Then Kyle Asante scored and out the Millers back in front, but Cheek again, this time in the second half levelled with a cheeky finish. Then with time ticking away Tyler Devlin finished well from the near post to send the Millers into the Quarter Final.

Quarter Final-

The Millers couldn't get a tougher opponent really then Thurrock who everyone knows will die for the cause. However again the Millers were victorious winning two-one.

Mathias Bakare crossed into the box superbly and Petrit Elbi finished clinically at the front post. Thurrock then equalised as Robbie Farrell curled into the far post. But minutes later the Millers won the game as Ola looped in a ball into the box and Marcus Elliott headed into the near post.

Semi Final.......?

Billericay Town Route-

Third Round-

Billericay had to first get through East Thurrock United who were in a fine run of form which went hand in hand with Rocks FA Cup run.

Ricay went infront as front the penalty spot as Jason Ring handled a goal bound shot and Halle stepped up and converted it. The game was then settled by the home side as Afolabi Obafemi rounded the keeper and tapped it in to ensure a 2-0 victory.

Round Four-

In-form, unbeaten in the Ryman North Harlow Town were next up for Billericay and our visitors just squeezed through into the next around.

Ricay took the lead as defender Ryan Scott powered home a header from Poole's free kick. Only five minutes later Alex Read levelled things up with a tap in from Junior Appiah's cross. Although many chances fell to both sides, it was Ricay who re-took the lead as Obafemi cooly finished past Harlow keeper. Again Harlow's response was quick, Alex areas converting from another cross to level the game up at 2-2.

It was then all Harlow as they took control of the game but Billericay countered and won it, again it was Obafemi as he twisted and turned and fired superbly to put Ricay into the last eight.

Quarter Final-

Next up for the 2011 Essex Senior Cup winner was a game against another in-form Brightlingsea Regent from the Ryman North.

The Ryman League Premier Division Blues had enjoyed the better of much of the 90 minutes, but they only led through Rowan Liburd’s first-half header. Then plucky Brightlingsea, enjoying their first campaign in the Ryman North, hauled themselves level in the final minute thanks to substitute Jake Holman.

First blood from the spot went the way of Billericay as Lumley saved Griggs’ opening kick, but it was quickly evened up as Sappleton’s effort was kept out by Plummer. However, after Ben Newson struck the crossbar, successful kicks rom Billericay pair Poole and Cyrus Mahler meant Brightlingsea’s fifth proved crucial, but Lumley pulled off a fine save to deny Josh Gould, sending Billericay into the last four.

Semi Final......?

Further reading