News & EventsLatest NewsCalendar
Ryman North- Midweek Round Up

Ryman North- Midweek Round Up

Aveley Football Club27 Nov 2015 - 15:19
Share via

With six games during the week in the Ryman North, here is a round-up from every game.

AFC Hornchurch 0-0 Harlow Town- Both sides played out a half entertaining goalless match. It was a night for the defences. The Urchins had the best of the first half with George Purcell being denied with his 20 yard free kick. Harlow Town controlled the second half, but didn’t really test Sam Mott in the Hornchurch goal. It was Hornchurch who finished the strongest but Harlow Town stood strong to earn a more than deserved point at promotion rivals AFC Hornchurch.

Aveley 3-1 Cheshunt- Millers recovered from 1-0 down to claim three points against a strong Cheshunt side. It was the Ambers top scorer who gave the visitors the lead, he reacted the quickest to tap into the empty net after Bolle shot hit the post. The Millers came back strongly, and it was Alex Teniola who powered past his marker, and fired a fierce shot past the keeper to pull it back level. Aveley then never looked back, and were dominant in the second half, Allarakhia pulled the ball back to Deen and he stroked home, and the three points were rounded off with a second goal from Teniola.

Barkingside 0-4 Thurrock FC- ‘Side ship 9 goals in two games and lose 4-0 against a strong Thurrock side. Francis hit a clean shot from the edge of the area to open the scoring. The second came from when the ball was squared to Lewwis Spence to strike home from the left hand edge of the box. Ross Wall wasn't to be denied his routine goal, as Cowley sent the ball to the far post and the unmarked Wall buried it. Charlie Stimson beat the offside trap only to be denied by an excellent save one-on-one but only for a few seconds until he was given the ball again on the edge of the D where he ensured there was no second chance.

Maldon & Tiptree 2-3 Phoenix Sports- Decisions from the officials cost the Jammers the victory against Phoenix Sports. On 22 minutes the first controversial incident occurred when the referee dismissed Jammers defender Gavin Grenfield for an incident in the home penalty area that also saw a penalty awarded that Phoenix skipper Russell Bedford confidently converted. Matt Lock's free kick into the goalmouth was treated like a hot potato before finding Mills, close to goal, and he tucked the ball home from close range. Charley Edge was able to play the ball back into the goal area where Mills headed in at the far post for his second goal of the game. The away team’s pressure told with an equalising goal after 58 minutes when Ramadan' s low shot through a crowd of players from inside the penalty area was only seen at the last minute by Phillips and he could only block the shot out to Freeman who had an easy task to put the ball home. The second controversial incident came on 63 minutes when a fierce low long range shot was diverted into goal by a clearly offside Freeman to give the visitors the lead and all three points.

Waltham Abbey 0-3 AFC Sudbury- Three second half goals gave AFC Sudbury the full three points on a cold night in North London. The opening period of the second half saw AFC much more on top and a delightful goal from Joe Maybanks opened the scoring, Luke Callander then got on the scoresheet with a trademark twist, turn and shot that looped over the goalkeeper from some thirty yards out. The second came after great work from Jordon Blackwell and Jack Wilkinson and Callander and a defender went for the ball and it ended up in the back of the net.

Witham 3-0 Redbridge- It was another defeat by the motormen, and they made a poor start with Ryan Charles putting the hosts ahead after 17 minutes when he beat Callum Chafer in the Redbridge goal. Chafer, on-loan from Hornchurch, was beaten again six minutes before half time when Lee Townrow found the net to leave the visitors with a difficult task after the interval. Trailing by two goals at the break, the Motormen would have looked for a fast start, but they couldn’t find a way back into the match. Michael Faponle was introduced in the 83rd minute to try and give Redbridge some more threat up front, but Townrow concluded the scoring two minutes later with his second of the game to make it a disappointing evening for Ross and Eaton.

Further reading