Sat 04
Burnham Ramblers
First Team
B Holland (42' Pen), A Retkoceri (63'), L Nash (68'), S Harrison (84')
Millers win adds to Ramblers woes

Millers win adds to Ramblers woes

By Aveley Football Club
Share via

Aveley clinch the three points and move up to 9th position in the Ryman North.

Millers started on top in the early stages as they forced two early corners but both were cleared away well.

The first shot of the game came to the visitors as Brandon Scott fired a shot straight at the keeper from the edge of the area.

Ramblers came back strong but just couldn't create anything threatening that James Marrable had to deal with in the Aveley goal.

The deadlock should've been broken soon after as Brandon Scott was unleashed down the left hand side but his two shots from close range were saved by the Ramblers keeper Matt Belcher.

Aveley came again and new loanee Liam Nash came within inches of scoring on his debut. Good build up play from Scott who found Petrit Elbi who played it into the back post and Liam Nash's left footed shot went inches wide.

Burnham on the twenty minute mark should've then taken the lead themselves. A ball came into the box from a free kick, the man mountain Bradley Walsh, he headed it towards the goal it landed to Mantovani but he diverted the ball wide of the target.

The first half then went in to a bit of a lull without any real chances.

The next bit of action came 8 minutes before half time as the Millers has a goal disallowed. Sammy Knott got in behind his shot looked to be going just wide and Liam Nash at the back post tapped in from close range, as he wheeled away to celebrate the flag was up for offside.

Aveley didn't have to wait long to take the lead. A quick throw from Brandon Scott found Petrit Elbi in the box he turned but was sent to the floor by Kye Jude and the referee had no doubt to point to the penalty spot. Millers skipper, Bill Holland stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way to give the Millers the lead. Burnham Ramblers 0-1 Aveley FC.

Half Time- Burnham Ramblers 0-1 Aveley.

The hosts came out the better side in the first five minutes of the second half and came within inches of levelling. A cross from Bradley Nobbs found Walsh free on his own in the box and he headed straight at James Marrable from six yards out.

A minute later again the Ramblers missed a great opportunity as Andrea Mantovani found himself free on the edge of the area, the ball came to him but his shot was inches wide of the Millers left hand post.

Aveley almost punished Ramblers straight away as Brandon Scott beat Bobby Bird down the right wing, his deep cross found Sammy Knott free back post but his header was straight into the side netting.

With the Millers next real attack they doubled their lead. Again Brandon Scott went down the wing to the byline. Scott's deep cross into the back post landed to Arian Retkoceri who couldn't miss. Burnham Ramblers 0-2 Aveley.

George Essuman accumulated 6 fouls throughout the game and his last one sparked handbags from both sides and ended up with the referee booking Billy Holland and Ramblers Bradley Walsh.

As time ticked to 70 minutes, Liam Nash finally scored his deserved goal on his debut. Great build up play from Arian Retkoceri and Petrit Elbi landed to Liam Nash inside the area and Nash lashed home. Burnham Ramblers 0-3 Aveley.

Millers next attack again had a goal ruled out for a suspected push from an Aveley player. Junior Baker headed home but the whistle already went for something the referee had seen.

A minute later Liam Nash again got in behind but this time the keeper denied him well to keep the score down.

With a game on Monday afternoon Justin started to make the changes, Captain Billy Holland was taken off for Danny Francis. Jack Stevenson came on for Petrit Elbi.

The Millers then put the cherry on top of the cake as a Jack Stevenson free kick looked to have been tapped in by a Burnham Ramblers player but Spencer Harrison reeled away to celebrate the goal. Burnham Ramblers 0-4 Aveley.

The next change came as Arian Retkoceri went off for a first senior football debut for Olumde Oluwatimilehin with ten minutes remaining.

A sign of a good goalkeeper when he has nothing to do all game and when asked to come into action does brilliantly. And James Marrable's first save of the game came with two minutes left after a good save from a Charlie Burns shot.

Brandon Scott was then awarded a yellow card after the referee believed he kicked the ball away with no time left.

Full Time- Burnham Ramblers 0-4 Aveley.

Millers XI- Marrable, Kamara, Knott, Baker, Harrison, Essuman, Scott, Holland (C) (Francis), Nash, Elbi (Stevenson), Retkoceri (Oluwatimilehin)

Unused Subs- Farrell, Reynolds.

Share via
Recent news

Match details

Match date

Sat 04, Apr 2015






Ryman North