News & EventsLatest NewsCalendar
Match Report Baffins Milton Rovers FC 1 Lymington Town FC 4

Match Report Baffins Milton Rovers FC 1 Lymington Town FC 4

Julio Perez7 Jan 2020 - 08:46
Share via

Match Report Baffins Milton Rovers FC 1 Lymington Town FC 4

Baffins Milton Rovers FC 1 Lymington Town FC 4

Defensive frailties cost ring rusty Rovers as they fall to disappointing and heavy defeat, to start the year on a low, rather than a high.

Was it the pitch, which was heavy under foot and cut up badly during the game, was it the fact that Rovers have not played since early December and the visitors were on a run of Five wins from Severn, or was it they just didn't match their opponents all over the pitch.

Well for fifteen to twenty minutes it was none of the above as Baffins had the better of the possession and could have taken an early lead had Rudi Blankson got more of his head to a Robbie Taw cross.

However the visitors took the lead in the 6th minute when Rovers conceded a needless corner and Luke Churchill swung the ball in and over the head of Cameron Scott, who was adamant he was obstructed trying to reach the ball.

Just minutes later and Rivers broke clear with the ball worked through to Blankson, however Tommy Tierney was beaten to his cross by keeper Ross Casey.

Tierney tan became provider having exchange passes with Tommy Scutt, who thundered an effort against the outside of the post, that left the woodwork shaking.

Ali Zintany and the lively Dim Falcao combined for the visitors to find Marcus Cullen, who rifled over he bar, when he should have done better.

Zintany again combined with Falcao, who he found with a first time cross, only for the striker to be denied by an excellent save from Scott.

Just before the break Rovers broke down the right, before switching left to Brandon Miller, who was denied by Casey, who saved his effort with his legal at the near post.

H / T 0-1

It took the visitors and Zintany just four minutes of the second half to increase their lead when he was found in the box and with time and space he fired past Scott.

The game was all but over in the 60th minute when Zintany scored his second and Town's third having raced away from the defence, he evaded a last chance tackle from Aaron Grimshaw, before rifling home.

Two minutes later and the game was certainly dead and buried as Zintany and Falcao again exchanged passes and although the latter was denied by Scott, Darren Ritchie was on hand to slot home the rebound.

Straight from kick off Blankson gave Rovers some hope when he was found by Callum Glen and danced through the visiting box, before slotting his effort past Casey.

Neither side were able to add to their goals, but it wasn't as though they didn't try, with Scott denying Falcao and Casey somehow managing to tip a Tierney effort over the top late in the game.

Baffins :- Scott, Taw, Miller, Glen, Grimshaw, Burns, Way, White, Blankson, Scutt, Tierney

Subs :- Chandler, Mason, Emeny, Durrant - Yawin

Report by Paul Edwards

Further reading