News & EventsLatest NewsCalendar
Match Report  Lymington FC 2 Baffins Milton Rovers FC 4

Match Report Lymington FC 2 Baffins Milton Rovers FC 4

Julio Perez12 Nov 2019 - 12:41
Share via

Match Report Lymington FC 2 Baffins Milton Rovers FC 4

Lymington FC 2 Baffins Milton Rovers FC 4

Sloppy start, Spranger brace, followed by a super finish, see Rovers put the midweek cup disappointments well and truly behind them.

It didn't look lie that in the opening twenty minutes when Baffins found themselves two goals down and in truth it should have been more, however they rallied and settled in to their neat flowing football, before pulling one back before the break.

The second half saw a much different Rovers side as they dominated all aspects of the game and gave the hosts a real footballing lesson, with ball zipping around and the front three causing all sorts of problems.

The hosts took the lead in the 8th minute when the ball was played through to Steve Flynn and he raced clear of the defence to fire low past Cameron Scott.

Minutes later and Flynn was again found in the Baffins box, but thankfully for the visitors he headed across goal and wide and followed this shortly after with another effort which he fired narrowly wide of the post.

It was long before Rovers found themselves two down when in the 16th minute the hosts broke through Luke Churchill who curled a delightful ball in behind the Rovers defence for Sam House, who calmly brought the ball down, before firing into the far corner.

Callum Dart had the first meaningful effort for the visitors when he raced clear and was denied by Nic Jones who parried his initial effort, before deflecting his follow up behind.

Midway through the half and Josh Dean sent in a cross which was headed into the air by a defender and Robbie Taw following up, saw his effort blocked and cleared.

On the half hour Rovers strongly appealed for a foul as Junior Kamara raced clear and was clear.y pulled back, only for the claims to be ignored.

Rovers were finally awarded with a minute of the half left when a Taw corner was headed wide by Kamara, but fortunately fell to Bend Spranger, who sent it low back through the croweded box and past Jones.

H/T 2-1

The second half started with Rovers looking much brighter in the opening minutes and a neat move involving Dean, Kamara and Taw, ended with the latter firing an effort across goal and wide.

Kamara was then replaced by Rudi Blankson, who equalised for Rovers within mi Utes of coming on, having chased a Brandon Miller ball, he nipped in whilst the defender and keeper left the ball,for each other, to slot home in the 57th minute.

Three minutes later and Baffins were in front for the first time when Spranger scored his second, thumping home a header from a Taw corner.

Spranger should have increased Rovers lead further in the 67th minute, but having rose in the box to meet another Taw corner, he placed his header over the top, with what was probably his easiest of efforts.

Dart was also guilty when he planted a header from a Dale Mason cross wide, after Jamie White had won the ball in the middle of park, before playing a neat ball wide for Mason.

With Rovers looking to kill the game, the hosts tested Scott with a free kick which was pumped into the Baffins box and claimed at the second attempt with the keeper diving on the ball.

Rovers did get their fourth in the 88th minute when the ball was played wide to adapt who raced to the beeline before shooting across Jones, who diverted the ball into the path of Taw, who slotted home from close range.

Late in the game and Ali Zintany found House, who,was only denied by a great save from Scott.

The last word was had by substitute Charlie Williamson who was quickest to react to a poor back pass from Callum Davies and put Jones under pressure, only for his effort to be deflected wide.

F/T 2-4

Baffins:- Scott, Glen, Dean, White, Miller, Spranger, Kamara, Burns, Mason, Dart, Taw

Subs:- Burgess, Grimshaw, Carter, Williamson, Blankson

Further reading