Birkenhead Park FC SAFEGUARDING
Message from Peter Cucchi – BPFC1871 Safeguarding Officer
The welfare of young people in Rugby Union is a major priority and as such, RFU clubs have each been asked to appoint a Safeguarding Officer, the role of which includes:
1. Appoint a Safeguarding Officer who will act as the first point of conduct for concerns about the welfare of young people.
2. Publish a Child Protection Policy within the Club.
3. Ensure that all officers and committee members are aware of practice or abuse in line with RFU/W Policy
4. Implement a policy of Best Practice for all adults working with young people.
5. Ensure that all relevant members who have regular supervisory contact with children or a management responsibility for those working with young people undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure.
6. Identify a disciplinary panel which, where necessary, is able to manage cases of poor practice as identified by the RFU Child Protection Officer.
All club members must adhere to the relevant RFU Codes of Conduct:
• Coaches Codes
• Players Code of Conduct
• Spectators Code of Conduct
• Officials Code of Conduct
These codes of conduct can be found on the RFU website.
In Rugby Union, players are impressionable and their behaviour will often reflect that of the adults around them. At Birkenhead Park we welcome spectators on our touchlines who embrace the ethos of the game as one of FUN, ENJOYMENT and SKILL DEVELOPMENT.
In Rugby Union the following behaviours are encouraged:
• Act as positive role models to all young players.
• Be familiar with, and abide by, the RFU Codes of Conduct in relation to verbal and emotional abuse.
• Respect the Rugby Club policy with regard to spectator behaviour.
Finally please remember these young people play for FUN and the love of the game. Let us all encourage them to achieve that by adopting a positive attitude at all times.
BPFC full Safeguarding policy is stored in documents on this website.