Bream RFC was founded in 1878 and is one of the oldest clubs in Gloucestershire. The club moved to the present site in 1960 having previously been based at the nearby Rising Sun. The club house has been altered over the years with the addition of a lounge, gamesroom, dance hall and foyer. The club house is currently being modernised. The playing fields were purchased by the club in 1967 although they had been used by the club for many years. The present changing rooms were built in 1967 and later extended.