Our planning permission application (number 19/00700/FUL) covering the proposed temporary erection of our Marquee between the months of March and October, over 5 calendar years from 2019 has now been verified by Shropshire Council and a decision will be made in due course (mid-April 2019).
It would really help our cause if we could get as many letters of support sent in to Shropshire Council as possible.
If any one wants to review the application, it is very straight forward to do so, simply enter the application number 19/00700/FUL into the Shropshire Council Planning Portal and the application and accompanying documents can be viewed.
By registering on the Shropshire site you can then submit an online comment or please email or post your support to Shropshire Council planning department.
Please log on to the Shropshire Council Planning website following the link below to register your support for the planning permission for our marquee before midnight 13th March.
The planning consent to erect the marquee is pivotal to the success of our Club and for the Bridgnorth community as a whole:
* To help provide funds for us to build the purpose built Club house we need.
* To maintain and improve upon our current standard of rugby.
* To ensure we offer the level of rugby for our youngsters to aspire to.
* To continue to be able to provide the facilities for our thriving M&J section.
* To offer an excellent venue for rugby functions eg the annual Ball, Sports Dinners, VP and sponsors meals.
* To provide beautiful surrounds for weddings and parties.
* To give a great space for holding charity and community events.
The major objections have been to do with the noise generated from the marquee, but we have a noise management plan and we will work closely with our neighbours to mitigate these issues as much as we can.
Our vision is to continue to be a club that top class players at Level 5 want to stay and play at, to develop our youth to enable them to stay and play at Bridgnorth and not have to move away to fulfil their potential. We want to continue to offer rugby for all levels, both social and competitive, with membership that is affordable for all.
This vision, however, comes at a price. The income generated from the marquee not only helps our local charities and provides an outstanding venue for our community, it also ensures we remain, as a Club, able to offer such an enviable level of rugby for children aged 5 plus to adults.
Updated 22:42 - 12 Mar 2019 by Nerys Arch