Lockdown 2.0 Challenge: BAWA to Twickenham
By Jacob Rider
6 November 2020
BAC teams run the distance from the BAWA to Twickenham (188km) during the November 2020 lockdown.
- In groups of 3, we will be running the distance from the BAWA to Twickenham (188km over 4 weeks / 2.24km per person per day).
- Every participant in a group that finishes the challenge will receive a finishers medal.
- First group to finish the challenge will receive a boozy and cheesy Christmas hamper each (total value of the 3 hampers = £50).
- Heaviest group to finish the challenge (total group weight in kg) will receive a boozy and cheesy Christmas hamper each (total value of the 3 hampers = £50).
- Prizegiving will take place at the first training session after lockdown.
- Participants will be assigned to a team (you can’t all be on Bobby Meeks’ team).
- Each person must do at least 4 runs in the month.
- Minimum run length is 2.5km.
- There is no upper limit on amount and length of runs.
- Challenge will begin at 00:01 on Tuesday 10th November and end at 23:59 on Tuesday 1st December.
- Only runs logged on the BAC Strava group (link below) will count towards the 188km target.
- Results will be audited – no cheating.
How to enter
- Message your name and body weight in kg to Jacob (07375777313) by 12:00 on Saturday 7th November.
- Download the Strava app and join the BAC club group (https://www.strava.com/clubs/bacrfc).
- The draw for teams will take place Saturday 7th November afternoon and will be televised.