Reserve Team pre-season results

Reserve Team pre-season results

By Andrew Crisp
18 August 2016
Share via

The Reserve team management scheduled several pre-season friendlies against teams of similar standard as follow:

The first match on the 9th July was away to Ripley Village FC and despite taking a 3-0 lead the Bears, who used 19 players in total, eventually drew 3-3.

Lancing United
Match Day 2 on the 16th July saw The Bears travel down to play new SCFL Division Two side Lancing United, a very entertaining game, manager Graham Shergold again used 19 players, one of whom 16 year old Joe Humphries came on as a second half substitute and scored on his debut. The home-side equalised with 10 minutes to go and that’s how it ended.

The 3rd game was against another SCFL Div 2 side Alfold. The hosts led 1-0 at the break but Heath who had 20 players available for this game were able to swap players around keeping them fresh while their hosts only had one substitute and they found the going tough in the midday sun and Heath went on to dominate the second period eventually winning by 7-1. The Heath scorers were Matt Butler (3), Jermaine Beer (3) and Callum Nash.

Unfortunately the game scheduled for the 30 July at Ardingly College had to be cancelled when the visitors pulled out at 12.30 unable to raise a team. So the next match will take place on Saturday 6th August away to T.D. Shipley.

TD Shipley
Heath Reserves fourth match was away to West Sussex Premier Division TD Shipley and the good form continued with a 3-0 win with goals scored by Shane Meech, Josh Mayer and Calum Nash.

Match Day 5 was a relatively short trip to Billingshurst for a game against their Reserve team on Tues 9th August. Heath had several chances to score in the first half but all too often they wasted the opportunity by going for goal instead of picking out a team mate in a better position. The Manager had words at half-time and things did improve in the second period with Heath eventually coming through by 4-0, Josh Mayer (2), Jermaine Beer and Jahobi Maher on target.

With the first team starting their league campaign, Heath Reserves traveled to Buxted for a friendly on the 13 August against Mid-Sussex Premier League side Buxted and the team came away with another good result in a 1-1 draw with Callum Nash on target for the Bears.

The final friendly was an away game at WSFL Division One side Southwater, the game was not played on their normal pitch but on a pitch that looked more like a meadow than a playing field, it reminded me of my old Sunday morning matches when we moved the cows off the field at Ellens Green before putting the nets up, as a result neither side could play flowing football but Heath did win the game 3-0, Jamal Sultan scoring midway through the first half and young Thomas Shergold adding two towards the end.

Share via