Sat 31
1st Team
R Gilbey (46')
Ramblers win 3-1 in exciting FA Cup tie at Fellow Ryman team Redbridge

Ramblers win 3-1 in exciting FA Cup tie at Fellow Ryman team Redbridge

By Shaun Pugh
Share via

Burnham Ramblers come through their FA Cup tie away to Redbridge after a poor 1st half performance

Burnham Ramblers started the tie much the brighter of the two teams, however they allowed Redbridge to start to take control and eventually dominating the pace. The Ramblers had a couple of good chances but could did not really threaten the Redbridge keeper Dean Driscoll.

The best chance fell to Redbridge on 32 minutes when Luca Frankis back pass found the Redbridge number 9 Patrick Damali whose shot from the edge of the box went wide if the far post.

Right on half time a long ball found Geoffrey Mitchell free down the Redbridge left beating Nikki Beale he fired a fierce shot that was too hard for the eventual man of the match Jack Parr to save and the ball just trickled over the line, Redbridge went in at half time with a deserved 1-0 lead.

Manager Keith Wilson must have got the hair dryer out at half time as the Ramblers were a completely different outfit in the second half, unfortunately for the Ramblers manager he missed the second half due to a family commitment in Wales and left the dugout in the capable hands of Neil Richmond (recovering from pneumonia), Lee Elliston and Adum Munn.

On 46 minutes Burnham's right back Matt Newman crossed to the far post to find Reiss Gilbey whose header found the back of the net to make it 1-1. The Ramblers started to dominate and on 50 minutes after beating two players Luca Frankis shot was directed straight at the keeper. The Ramblers continued to test Redbridge and on 59 minutes after good work again down the Burnham right between Matt Newman and Reiss Gilbey the final cross from Gilbey found Luca Frankis who neatly side footed into the net to make it 2-1 to the Ramblers.

4 minutes later Nikki Beale took a free kick on the right hand touch line to find the head of Brad Hunter at the far post to make it 3-1 to Burnham Ramblers, the Ramblers continued to press looking for more goals and could have regretted not getting their 4th on 69 minutes when Brad Hunter and Luca Frankis linked up with some smart play at the edge of the box for Hunters shot to come back off the cross bar, Luca Frankis resulting header looked goal bound to be saved by Dean Driscoll and a second header then just going wide of the post. Ricky Evans who was tireless in the Ramblers midfield all afternoon nearly got his goal when he lobbed the Redbridge keeper from almost 40 yards to see his effort just creep past the far post.

Redbridge pressed to try and get back into the game and nearly did with slate flourish only to be beaten by three superb saves by the Ramblers man of the match Jack Parr.

MON Jack Parr

Result: Redbridge 1 - 3 Burnham Ramblers

Attendance 70

Entertainment 4/5

Share via
Recent news

Match details

Match date

Sat 31, Aug 2013




Jack Parr

Player of the match

Jack Parr