The Sandal Festival is a great day out and they are expecting around 700 players which will make it the biggest and best festival of girls rugby yet! Many teams are travelling from a long way and we always get a warm welcome and the chance to play some new opposition.
· Registration in the clubhouse will be open from 9.30 to 10am - if you've marked yourself as available on PH, then the coaches will sort this.
· Matches kick off 11am prompt
. If we reach the final then the last match should be over by 14.00.
2. Player registration forms - If you have marked your player as available on PH then we'll complete these for you. Don't worry if you're a late addition we can always add one or two on the day.
3. First Aid – There will be first aiders at the event but we will also have our own first aiders.
4. Parking costs £5 per car and includes a festival programme and a raffle ticket. Parking will be both at Sandal RUFC, Milnthorpe Green, Standbridge Lane, Wakefield WF2 7DY and at Kettlethorpe High School, Standbridge Ln, Sandal WF2 7EL. Parking guides will advise which when you arrive..
· Pools often change on the day with unexpected attendees and “no shows”! Pool sizes, times and match duration will be assigned on the day, depending on numbers and teams attending.
· Please ensure that your players are at their allocated pitch promptly ready to start each game, so that we can run to time as far as possible.
· Suggested squad sizes are 10 for U15s but teams will be expected to match numbers. The festival is for all abilities, they will combine girls to form Baa-baa teams if needed, to ensure all girls participate and have a really amazing day but hopefully we can take a good squad as with a few reserves we'll maximise our chances of progressing.
· Match duration will be posted with pools. Each team will play each team in the pool stage. All teams will then progress to subsequent stages to maximise game time for players. Details to be posted on the day.
· There will be no conversions.
· U18s and U15s will play a final.
· In the event of a tie, deciders at each stage will be tournament tries scored. If that is not decisive, tries conceded will be taken into account.
· Points: 3 points for a win; 1 point for a draw; 0 for a loss.
If you need anything at all during the day look for a helper in either a high vis jacket or come along to registration point as we will be happy to help with any query large or small
There will be lots of food and drinks available on the day, including a BBQ and tuck shop.
The address for our club is:
If you have any problems on the day or any queries please drop Andrew a message.
See you all there.