Dear Parents and Players
Thank you for coming to our Girls Rugby Festival, we look forward to welcoming you to Milnthorpe Green on Sunday 7th October 2018.
To help you make preparations for the day please see the following information. If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact Andrew (the U13 Girls Admin Gopher)
Matches will run between 11.00AM and whenever our last team gets knocked out of the tournament. So, come prepared for a longer than normal day. The long-range weather forecast indicates that the day will be cool and breezy, so make sure that spectators and especially players have suitable clothing for the duration of the tournament. It's important that we can keep our players warm and motivated between matches so we are going to need to persuade them to dress up between games.
BRFC will be running a coach to the tournament that will leave The Croft at 8 AM sharp. To book your place on the coach please make a note of the number of seats you want, when you set your availability on PH.
• BRFC will be registering their players for the tournament at 10.00AM in the Chevet Suite (Tea Room) in the clubhouse. It's important that you have set your PH availability accurately and that if you are making your own way to the tournament that you are at registration with the rest of your team.
• A set of festival rules are detailed in the programme which will be available on the day. Teams will play a waterfall or league based tournament. Your support complying with these rules would be appreciated.
• The raffle will be drawn at 13:00 and announced on the tannoy along with the stubs placed in the chevet suite.
• Coaches and Referees briefing in the clubhouse at 10.30 / 10.45am
• All games to KO at 11.00 prompt
• Please ensure your parents, coaches and supporters are supportive of refereeing decisions. These people are volunteers and without them, we simply would not have a festival. There will be zero tolerance to anyone abusing or intimidating a referee in any way and pitch marshals are instructed to ask individuals/clubs to leave the event immediately if it is deemed serious enough.
• All pitches are off limits to all spectators and amateur photographers apart from officials and event photographers.
• Each pitch has a dedicated marshal who will ensure matches kick off on time. Please be where you need to be on time to ensure the festival is able to run on time.
• Please note. – No rugby boots are to be worn in any part of the clubhouse and dirty kit must be removed before entering the club bars
• All visitors are welcome to use the club facilities on the day. Refreshments including hot sandwiches and drinks will be available from the Chevet Suite from 9.30am and there will be food stations providing food and drinks during the event near to the clubhouse. In addition, there will be a gourmet Pizza, a Coffee van and Ice Creams.
• Toilet facilities – including disabled and baby changing – are available off the clubhouse lobby and are clearly marked. Player’s toilets are located off the changing room corridor.
• There is limited car parking available at the ground. Should you require disabled parking, please advise Sandal RFC of this in advance. Parking is available at Kettlethorpe High School on Standbridge Lane (For Sat Nav – WF2 7EL). Signs and attendants will be moving traffic around on the day and we suggest arriving early to avoid disappointment. Right turns into the club will not be permitted on the day. Kettlethorpe School is only a 5-minute walk away from Sandal Rugby Club. Onsite and offsite parking will be charged at £5 which includes a programme. People arriving by foot will be charged £2 for a programme. Please do not park at the Walnut Tree or ‘Star’ public house car parks or the Asda as these are monitored and could be subject to penalties. In addition please note local traffic officers will be in the area and will issue tickets to any vehicle they perceive to be causing a highways issue. This includes parking on the main Barnsley Road and side streets.
• Should teams want to pitch tents or gazebo’s there is ample areas to do so with a restriction of the first team pitch. Please do not locate them too close to the playing surface.
• BBQ’s fires and cookers of any sort are banned from Sandal Rugby Club.
• Due to fouling, only guide dogs are permitted on the general grounds and clubhouse.
• First aiders will be clearly indicated by their high visibility jackets and there will be one allocated per full pitch.
• We will be running a raffle with some excellent prices including items donated by Yorkshire Carnegie.
• This event by its nature is in the public arena and when entering for the event the participant and their parents/guardians acknowledge this fact which may result in the recording and publication of his/her image.
• Programmes, which include the play format, will be available for sale on the day.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sandal Rugby Club and to a fantastic event played in the right spirit. This promises to be an outstanding festival and your enthusiasm will really help make the day work.
Thank you in advance for attending. – The festival Committee
If you are driving then you can access Parking instructions from this link>