Lead effective and efficient delivery of youth rugby at the club.
Key aspects of the role
- Lead the development of youth rugbyCreate and lead a team of people to deliver rugby for 12-18 year olds; arrange and chair Youth Committee meetings and ensure that Youth members are represented within the Main Committee and CB meetings.
- Organise suitable playing and training opportunitiesWork alongside other club officers to coordinate the running and playing of Youth rugby covering training, games and tournaments in line with Age Grade Regulations.
- Ensure all members are familiar with the core values of the gameMake sure players, coaches, volunteers and parents are familiar with the core values of the game.
- Ensure other Youth Officers (Coaches, Team Managers etc.) are delivering on their responsibilities towards players, parent and club.
- Provide the Club Webmaster with any relevant information for publication on the Club website.
- Work with Mini Fixture Secretary, Director of Mini Rugby and Finance Director to agree per season budget for Competition / Festival entry fees across complete Youth and Mini section. Typically look to enter between County Cup, a 10s festival and touring / remote festival per age group.
- Work with the Director of Mini Rugby to ensure the end of season award event is successfully organised and executed.
- Ensure GMS admin is carried out to record all 15 a-side games played by the youth section.
- Liaise with referee’s group re home match appointments.
- Manage variable pitch / training area allocation on Sunday mornings based on fixture list of each age group within section.
Is this role for you?
If you are an experienced and effective manager that is well acquainted with the running of the club with strong communication skills and a friendly and diplomatic manner, you could hold a highly respected and valued role that will allow you to see young players develop to their full potential.