To provide rugby coaching for their respective age group in accordance with the regulations set out in the RFU Continuum and RFU Regulations.
- Lead and / or be part of a Coaching team for the age group in accordance with the RFU continuum of Rugby and Club Policies.
- Provide a suitable level of Rugby Coaching to Children, ensuring fair play, Safety and fairness at all times.
- Hold a suitable RFU Coaching Certificate. (training and support will be provided until a minimum level of competency and confidence is achieved)
- Provide the coaching practices and team direction appropriate to the age and skill levels of children.
- Referee practice games and inter-club fixtures.
- Ensure that children within their age group are supervised at all times, especially when using any training aids e.g. tackle bags.
- Adhere to and ensure all players, coaches and spectators follow the Club Codes of Practice and Conduct.
- Liaise with the Director of Mini Rugby to ensure that all children in the age group have registered and paid their subscriptions.
- Ensure all accidents are reported in accordance with the RFU and HH(Camleot)RFC policies. Completed accident form are to be passed to the Honorary Secretary immediately following completion.
- Encourage all M&Y players’ parents (age appropriate) have completed the on-line RFU training regarding concussion (This training is available via the England Rugby website) Where appropriate facilitate a phased return to play for any player deemed to have suffered a concussion.
Further guidance and ideas can be found at:
Quilter Kids First Rugby U8s