It gives me great pleasure to announce that the winners of the Carlisle Rugby Club Youth Section Golf Day held at Carlisle Golf Course last Friday was Pints for Birdies who are Chris Blain, Stu Carey, Nick Leigh & Callum Rushton!!! They scored an impressive 100 points and won on a Back 9 Count Back!
The day was thoroughly enjoyable, and the course was in truly fantastic condition and proved to be a good test for everyone involved. The day started off rather cloudy and overcast and the earlier groups probably didn’t have the best of conditions to play in, but as the last groups started to go out the sun shone brightly and as the early starters approached the 18th the good weather was here to stay for the remainder of the day!
With over 100 people taking part it was great to see so many people down at the Golf Course to help support the Youth Section of the Rugby Club! As mentioned, the course was immaculately presented by the Greenkeepers and Club House staff were always on hand to look after all our guests – thank you to all of them!
A special thank you must go out to all of our hole sponsors, and the main sponsors, Premier Electrical because without their support success at these types of event is limited.
Below is a list of all the Prize Winners on the day:
• 1st Place Winning £220 Vouchers for Team Pints for Birdies – Chris Blain, Stu Carey, Nick Leigh & Callum Rushton
• 2nd Place Winning £180 Vouchers for Team Carlisle Squash Club A – Ronnie Bell, Stewart O’Neil, Russell Smith & Bobby Nichol
• 3rd Place Winning £80 Vouchers for Eden A – Darren Sellers, David Pearson, Paul Nelson & Bryan Glendinning
• Pink Ball Competition Winning £90 – Premier Electrical B – Tom Graham, Martin Plummer, Adrian Packham & Matty Little
• Putting Competition – Jack Freshwater
• Longest Drive – Marcus Pieri
• Near the Centre Line – Mark Kelly
• Nearest the Pin 4th – Garry Jardine
• Nearest the Pin 17th – John Scott
• Two’s D Hughes
I’d like to thank everyone who supported the event and a big thank you must go to Jillian for registering the teams, Alan for manning the Putting Competition and Phil for his photography skills!
Finally, I’d like to say that I’m hopeful the day will raise in excess of £2,000 which is a truly fantastic amount of money and will go a along way to help the club to offer the best possible coaching and facilities to the young players of the future!
From me and everyone at Carlisle Rugby Club a massive thank you and I’ll hopefully see everyone back at Carlisle Golf Club next year.
Youth section Chair