Welcome to the Didcot Rugby Club Under 15s!
We are a team of boys in Year 10!
We play transitional contact rugby, as part of the RFU (England's Rugby Union governing body) Age Grade Rugby programme. This provides a structured way to build up a players abilities year by year.
At Under 15 we build on the skills we taught our players in previous seasons by introducing uncontested lifting in the lineout.
- At Under 9 we taught them about tackling.
- At Under 10 we taught them about uncontested scrums, the maul and the ruck.
- At Under 11 we taught them about kicking/restarts, contested hooking and how to ruck and maul with increased players.
- At Under 12 we introduced them to a 5 player scrum, handoffs (below the armpits) and unlimited players in the maul and ruck.
- At Under 13 we introduced the players to fully contested 6 player scrums.
- At Under 14 we taught them about lineouts (uncontested and no lifting) and having an 8 player scrum.