Dorking Cycling Club - Championing Cycling In The Heart Of The Surrey Hills
The original Dorking Cycling Club was formed in May 1887 by a group of tradesmen, with over 100 members by 1900. Some 124 years after its original conception, Dorking Cycling Club was re-established in August 2011. Our Club aims are to
- Develop, encourage and inspire local cycling talent &
- Provide a safe, social, friendly and inclusive environment for cyclists of all levels of ability
The Club organises Road and Gravel rides. The main Club rides consist of 25-45 mile routes leaving Dorking Sports Centre every Sunday morning at times generally between 8:00 and 9:00. There is a wide range of Groups, with average speeds ranging from 12mph to 20mph+
Other rides include:
- Wednesday Night Blast (a pace-line ride of c.20 miles) and Wednesday Night Gravel rides each week through the year, followed by a social
- Saturday fast-paced ride organised by Surrey Hills Cycleworks
- Ad hoc rides through the week organised by members, including some MTB rides
DCC members are active in Road Races; Cycle-cross racing; MTB racing; Time Trials & Hill Climbs, and the ethos of the Club is to encourage anyone who wishes to participate. There is a Road racing team with a number of riders at Cat 3 and Cat 4.
The Club promotes a number of events, including:
- Club Time Trial around the Olympic Box Hill Loop
- East Surrey HardRiders Time Trial
- Inter-club Time Trials &
- Various Road Races
A number of Club members participate in Audax and other long-distance cycling events.
Social and other activities
The Club is also active socially, with Christmas party, Summer BBQ and other social activities.
There are also Club cycling trips to Majorca and week-ends away in the UK.
Dorking Cycling Club supports a charity each year. In previous years, these have been VICTA, The Children’s Trust Tadworth & Disability Challengers, The Patchwork Gardening Project, Amber and Prostate Cancer UK & a donation to Medwyn Surgery in 2020 to purchase PPE at the start of the Covid-19 crisis.
To Join DCC Click Here