- Details around Expectations placed on our Captains and Coaches are available in the "Expectations of DSHC Coaches and Captains" document found in this section.
- All other Codes of Conduct documents can be found in this section, to set expectations of all people involved with the club:- "Code of Conduct Parent or Carer or Spectators", "Code of Conduct for Coaches", "Code of Conduct Officials & Volunteers"
- Role Descriptions are listed for all Volunteers/Coaches:- "Junior Committee Role Descriptions", "DSHC Role Descriptions"
Coaching provision reviewed against EH guidance on appropriate coaching workforce. (for example coaching needs analysis, coaching provision etc)
- DSHC conform with all the latest guidance from England Hockey about Coach Education, Coach/Player Ratios and Player Development. We aim to deliver a coaching experience with a minimum of 1: 16 for players in an adult environment, and 1:12 for those playing Junior hockey
- The club supports the development of its coaches, and would welcome interest from (and pay for) any parents/players that would like to attend any of the following workshops:
* Engaging Games for Children
* Introduction to Hockey Coaching
* Umpiring Level 1
* Coaching for Club Players
Please get in touch if you would be keen to find out more.
- Please see the Club's Safeguarding and Protecting Documents to review the club processes for recruitment of people involved in delivering hockey.
- The Club Reviews people who assist the club as often as necessary, and ensures that the relevant checks and training have been completed for all personnel at the relevant level. (For example, if helpers are only working in an open environment with multiple other parties around, they may not require full DBS disclosures.)
Ways to Play.
- The various playing opportunities that are available at the club can be see in the attached documents:- "Playing Opportunities Framework", "Adult Opportunities Framework" (Draft)