Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app



By Liam Hickey

The Hamlet closed their tenure at Imperial Fields with an unfortunate defeat to an impressive Torquay United side.

For match details visit here

The Dulwich line-up showed one change from the win against Welling United, with Nathan Green absent. This meant that Sanchez Ming switched to left back and Ibrahim Kargbo operated in an unfamiliar right sided role.

Dulwich had a good chance within the opening 30 seconds as Gavin Tomlin was presented with a good chance that was blocked.

It was the 10th minute before the next effort of note, this time it was Janneh for the visitors whose volley was easily saved by Preston Edwards. The Dulwich keeper was called into action five minutes later when Kalala unleashed an effort from distance that he punched clear.

As Torquay looked to establish the lead, Michael Chambers cut out a dangerous cross and Janneh fried wide after Dulwich failed to clear another cross. However, it was far from one way traffic and Sanchez Ming flashed a cross through the six yard box without any Hamlet player getting close.

Keating wasted a good opportunity by shooting wide after he seized on an error by Chambers but the game reached half time with no goals.

Half Time 0-0

Dulwich wasted a good opportunity four minutes after the break as a Gavin Tomlin back-heel released Nyren Clunis into space but he fired straight at MacDonald in the visitors goal. Clunis was then dragged down but Ashley Carew's 54th minute free kick was deflected wide.

Two minutes later, another Carew free kick was met by the head of Michael Chambers but MacDonaled plunged to his right to keep it out, whilst Torquay were thwarted by a good block from Okuonghae on the hour, allowing Edwards to make a comfortable save.

The ever dangerous Kalala wasted a good opportunity in the 67th minute as he embarked on a run down the Dulwich right but, after getting beyond the defence, his effort flashed wide of the far post.

However, Torquay took the lead rather fortuitously in teh 70th minute. OKuonghae blocked an effort that left him down injured and he was then adjudged to have been playing the attackers onside when the ball was lofted over the Dulwich defence. The ball was then played to Reid who fired the visitors ahead.

The Hamlet quickly recovered from the setback andin teh 76th minute were bemused to be awarded only a free kick a free kick a foot outside the penalty area after Anthony Cook appeared to be brought down inside the box.

Two minutes later, Torquay got their second. There looked to be little danger when Ibrahim Kargbo received the ball but, as he looked to turn, the ball bobbled off his foot and back towards his own goal. Janneh pounced and fired past Edwards.

Still Dulwich looked to fight back and another good save from MacDonald thwarted them, whilst the referee decided to issue no sanction to two visiting players who clearly sqared up to each other after Dulwich appealed in vain for another penalty asClunis was first dragged down near the touchline and, having regained his feet, believed his cross was handled.

It just wasn't meant to be Dulwich's day but they will play a lot worse and gain points in future matches.

Final Score 0-2
Attendance 1441

Updated 08:28 - 2 Dec 2018 by Liam Hickey

Where next?

TRANSFER: Jason Banton joins on Loan Torquay forward joins until the new year.
NO INSPECTION PLANNED Following discussions with our hosts at Tooting & Mitcham United there is no planned pitch inspection

The FA Respect: We Only Do Positive

Sat 16 Feb
League 15:00
Sat 23 Feb
First XI Torquay United
League 15:00


Club sponsors