Dulwich Hamlet 2-2 Concord Rangers

Dulwich Hamlet 2-2 Concord Rangers

By Liam Hickey
17 August
Share via

Dulwich fought back from two goals behind to secure a point with both goals from the head of Danny Mills.

For the Dulwich line-up visit here
Danny Mills scored his first competitive goals for The Hamlet to secure a point against a Concord Rangers side that had been two goals in front. He also saw a header hit the bar and another cleared off the line in a game that could have gone either way.

The game opened brightly and Ben Chapman forced a fine save from Haigh in the visitors goal from a free kick awarded for a foul on Kieran Monlouis. However, it was the visitors who took a sixth minute lead. Aaron Barnes was penalised for a foul on Joel Nouble and Danny Green whipped a free kick into the box that Ashley Maynard-Brewer could only push into the path of Billy Roast.

The Hamlet went close to an equaliser in the 9th minute as a great run from Jeffrey Monakana produced a cross that Danny Mills headed inches wide. David Ijaha saw his low effort held by Haigh as Dulwich pushed forward for an equaliser.

However, they almost conceded a second goal when Aaron Barnes back pass was cleared by Maynard-brewer into Sheriff, but the keeper was able to grab the rebound.

A scramble in the Concord Rangers penalty area following a free kick from the left finished with Richard Orlu putting the ball wide, whilst at the other end Nouble saw his low effort saved by Maynard-Brewer.

The Hamlet should have leveled in the 19th minute when Lewis White found Jack Connors and his cut back was fired wide by Jeffrey Monakana. However at the other end, Maynard-Brewer had to save from a Green free kick after Ben Chapman had lost possession.

Concord Rangers extended their lead in the 31st minute when Jack Connors was caught out of position and the ball was crossed for Nouble to sweep home.

Lewis White was foiled by a contentious offside flag and the visitors were lucky to keep 11 players on the pitch when Claridge dived in two footed to send Kieran Monlouis flying, but he escaped with a booking.

Just as it seemed that Dulwich would go to the break they pulled one goal back with seconds remaining. Jack Connors found Jeffrey Monakana and his cross was buried by the head of Danny Mills.

Half Time 1-2

Dulwich pushed forward in search of an equaliser from the start of the second half and Lewis White saw his low cross scrambled away. Danny Mills then saw his 53rd minute header come out of the bar as Dulwich went close to an equaliser.

However, the visitors went straight down the other end and saw ex Hamlet loanee Decarrey Sheriff unleash an effort that was brilliantly tipped on to the post by Maynard-Brewer.

Back came The Hamlet and Lewis White fired wide after Haigh had pushed out a cross and, from another attack, he just failed to reach a low cross. Mills and Chapman then combined, but the ball was whipped off Chapman's toe as he looked sure to get an effort on target.

Dulwich equalised in the 66th Minute when a Aaron Barnes cross was met by a towering header from Danny Mills that was directed right into the bottom corner to Haigh's left. Just five minutes later, Lewis White should have put Dulwich in front but, having been played into space, his effort was too close to Haigh who pushed his effort out.

Mills came close to his hat trick as he met a corner from the right but saw his effort headed off the line, whilst a flowing move down the Dulwich right ended with Jeffrey Monakana shooting too high

As Concord sensed they could win the game, Aaron Barnes just pulled out of a challenge with Nouble that would definitely have resulted in a penalty and Krasniqi fired wide when he would have expected to hit the target.

Final Score 2-2

Share via