News & EventsLatest NewsCalendar


Liam Hickey23 Apr 2013 - 21:20
Share via

Dulwich moved to within one point of the championship as a devastating spell at the start of the second half put Crawley Down Gatwick to the sword.

Dulwich fans had to endure a nervous first half as chances came and went at regular intervals whilst they were indebted to Chico Ramos for some fine stops when Crawley Down threatened.

The game was just past the second minute when Rob Frankland in the Crawley Down goal was forced into a good block from a Nyren Clunis shot. The resulting corner from Erhun Oztumer was headed off the line as it was swung inside the near post.

However the next chance came at the other end as indecisive defending meant The Hamlet rearguard was forced to scramble the ball away.

Two chances for Dulwich to grab the lead came just after the quarter hour mark as a Nyren Clunis effort was blocked and then an Erhun Oztumer shot left the keeper rooted to the spot but flew inches wide. Two more efforts saw Nyren Clunis race clear but drag his shot wide and an Erhun Oztumer free kick drift wide.

However on 25 minutes Dulwich were reminded that Crawley Down were still dangerous as Chico Ramos produced a brilliant stop from a Fraser Logan header.

Two minutes later Dulwich somehow contrived to miss an open goal as a through ball saw keeper Rob Frankland rush out to thwart Erhun Oztumer but the ball fell to Daniel Carr who somehow put his shot wide.

Chances continued to be created but spurned in the lead up to half time and an Ahmed Deen backpass forced Chico Ramos to rush from his area to clear.

Half Time 0-0

The second half opened just like the first as Nyren Clunis cut in from the left but fired well wide of the far post. However on 49 minutes Dulwich took the lead as Mathieu Boyer fed Erhun Oztumer whose magnificent left foot strike from the edge of the box left Frankland rooted to the spot.

Just three minutes later the lead was doubled as Daniel Carr was set free in the box and he rounded the keeper before crashing a left foot strike in off the underside of the bar.

On 62 minutes the game was wrapped up as Nyren Clunis crossed from the left and Daniel Carr was all alone at the far post to tap the ball home.

Further chances came and went amidst a raft of substitutions and it was Crawley Down who grabbed a consolation goal on 83 minutes as poor defending left Tom Bingham free to fire home off the far post.

And so to Saturday and the final instalment in the race for the league title.

Further reading