By Liam Hickey
28 April 2019
Share via

In front of a large travelling support The Hamlet secured a point and a 14th place finish.

For the Dulwich line-up visit here

Dulwich closed the season with a point at already relegated Weston-super-Mare with a second half equaliser by Aryan Tajbakhsh.

With little to play for, The Hamlet produced a stuttering display, but still missed enough chances to have comfortably won the game. The first spurned opportunity came in the 3rd minute. Dominic Vose found Jamie Mascoll overlapping on the lef,t but Dipo Akinyemi poked his cross just wide.

The home side created the next chance when a cross was floated just wide by Bray, before The Hamlet should have gone behind in the 15th minute. A goalmouth scramble saw Preston Edwards make a good low save and the follow up effort was cleared off the line by Magnus Okuonghae. The Hamlet keeper then made a good low save from Welch and came to sort out another scramble in the box.

However, Dipo Akinyemi should have put Dulwich in front in the 22nd minute when he just needed to stab the ball over the line but his weak effort was cleared from the line. Jamie Mascoll forced a low save from Kingston in the home goal as Dulwich awoke from their slumber.

The last quarter of an hour of the half saw the home side create a number of opportunities., with Llewellyn, Nurse and Welch all having shots off target before, on the stroke of half time, Welch gave them the lead. A free kick conceded 20 yards out was curled around the defensive wall and just inside Preston Edward's left hand post.

Half Time 1-0

As the teams emerged for the second half, Hamlet fans were greeted with the sight of Anthony Cook donning the goalkeeper's kit, Preston Edwards having been injured in a first half collision.

The opening few minutes saw the home side press for a second goal with Bray wasting one chance and Hill wasting chances, before Nurse struck the outside of the post, as Dulwich looked to have their thoughts firmly on the end of the season.

However, Dulwich seemed to wake up after an hour.Nyren Clunis and Aryan Tajbakhsh wasted good opportunities and Dipo Akinyemi put an effort too high.

Hill was presented with a glorious chance to seal the points for the home side when he was sent through on goal. However, faced with just Cook to beat, he struck his effort nearer the corner flag then the goal.

Dulwich took a grip on the game in the alst 15 minute. First, Dipo Akinyemi rounded the keeper but rolled his effort across goal from a tight angle, before Aryan Tajbakhsh struck the equaliser with 12 minutes remaining. Receiving the ball 25 yards out, the home side's most impressive player George Nurse inexplicably passed it square to Tajbakhsh. The midfielder needed no invitation to take a touch and send a thunderous effort past Kingston in the home goal.

Dulwich now pushed forward for the winner, with Jay Rich Baghuelou pushed forward into the attack. Jamie Mascoll had a shot deflected for a corner and Rich-Baghuelou inadvertently blocked another thunderous effort from Tajbakhsh that was heading for the net.

In a rare attack, Anthony Cook was forced into his first save by Lucas, before Rich-Baghuelou saw his 89th minute header saved by KIngston. In teh final minute Dan Thompson should have won it for The Hamlet but with the goal gaping he missed when it seemed easier to score.

The match finished with the home side forcing a couple of corners. From the first, Cook seemed be to elbowed and from the second he exacted some revenge as he was jostled prior to the corner. The referee deemed this to be worthy of a red card and he was sent off.

With just seconds remaining Dan Thompson became The Hamlet's third goalkeeper of the afternoon but he wasn't called into action before the final whistle blew.

Full Time 1-1

Share via