Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


First XI - Match centre

Welling United
Dulwich Hamlet Football Club
Sat 24 Nov 15:00 - Cup Full time Attendance 478

Hamlet Secure Replay

Dulwich deservedly secured a replay at Imperial Fields on Wednesday with high flying Welling United

For match information click here

Dulwich will entertain Welling United in a replay of this Buildbase FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round tie after an Ashley Carew penalty secured them a draw at Park View Road.

The Hamlet welcomed back Magnus Okuonghae from injury and reverted to the wing back system that has served them well over the last couple of seasons. There were also a starts for Anthony Cook and Gavin Tomlin as The Hamlet played with no recognised central striker.

Dulwich started brightly and good play from Cook and Nyren Clunis opened up the Welling left side but Nathan Green couldn't get on the end of the cross. Welling were dangerous from free kicks and corners but unable to create much from open play as Sanchez Ming nullified the dangerous L'Ghoul on the Welling left flank.

From one such free kick, Mills headed too high and from another Paterson fired over after a knock down from Mill, Kiernan then shot too high but overall Dulwich looked confident in repelling any attacks from the home side, with Michael Chambers defending particularly well after Kiernan found space in behind Nathan Green.

Therefore, it came a surprise when Wellling took the lead in the 33rd minute. A cross was allowed to bounce around the penalty area and Nathan Green then blasted his clearance straight at Paterson, with the ball rebounding off the Welling player and looping over Preston Edwards into the top corner of the goal.

However, the home side were in front for only eight minutes as Dulwich were level in the 41st minute. Dominic Vose released Nyren Clunis into the penalty area and, despite the Welling player getting some of the ball in his sliding challenge, he also brought down Clunis. The Assistant Referee signalled a penalty and Ashley Carew stpped up to beat Wilks to his left.

Dulwich then came within inches of taking the lead right on half time as Ashley Carew hit a trade mark free kick from 25 yards that beat Wilks but came out off the underside of the bar.

Half Time 1-1

The second half was a cagey affair as Welling tried to get the ball quickly to their front men, whilst The Hamlet looked to play a possession based game that got Ashley Carew and Dominic Vose on the ball as much as possible, with Anthony Cook and Nyren Clunis breaking forward.

Again, Welling looked most dangerous at set plays and Agyermang fired just wide from a 54th minute free kick after one five minutes earlier had been too high. For Dulwich, the chances were few as the offside flag thwarted many attempts to get in behind the home defence. Anthony Cook wasted a good chance as he overhit his pass when he found space. With the game at a stalemate, Ashley Carew fired wide when he could perhaps have moved forward a few more yards before shooting, and Welling went close from another free kick that was deflected over the bar.

Anthony Cook was barged over in the penalty area but the referee wasn't in the mood to give another penalty, and the same player was also tripped on the edge of the penalty area with the official again unmoved. From this last incident, Welling broke quickly and Kiernan found himself one on one with Preston Edwards. However, the Hamlet keeper blocked his effort at the expense of a corner.

In fact, despite late urgency from the home side, it was Dulwich who went closest to winning. Welling were opened up on their left hand side and Anthony Cook was inches away as he desperately slid to try to reach a ball rolled across the six yard box. However, the two sides will have to do it all again on Wednesday.

Full Time 1-1

The FA Respect: We Only Do Positive

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Club sponsors