Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


First XI - Match centre

Dulwich Hamlet Football Club
Crystal Palace XI
Sat 27 Jul 15:00 - Friendly Full time Attendance 1,093

Hamlet Let Two Goal Lead Slip


Dulwich conceded four second half goals after establishing a two goal first half lead.

For the Dulwich line up visit here.

The archetypal game of two halves as Dulwich let a two goal lead slip against a young Crystal Palace side that exposed The Hamlet's defence once the raft of substitutions occurred. In more worrying news for The Hamlet, two players left the field on a stretcher.

Dulwich had the better of the opening half and it was just five minutes in when Kieran Monlouis had a good chance but scuffed his shot. It was just a minute later that Yannis Amboisine headed wide from a corner, but the Crystal Palace forwards looked dangerous and Lokilo saw his cross just evade everybody as it flashed across goal.

It was Dulwich who took the lead in the 15th minute as Kieran Monlouis was tripped as he tried to go outside Inniss. Jeffrey Monakana stepped up and sent Tupper the wrong way.

The Hamlet saw goalkeeper Charlie Grainger leave the field with a head injury in the 17th minute. A shot squirmed from his grasp and he was caught by the onrushing forward as he tried to regather and could not continue.

Preston Edwards rushed from the Directors Box to get changed and replace him and he was called into action with a smart stop from McGregor just past the half hour mark.. As the visitors enjoyed a good period, Lokilo shot just too high before Dulwich doubled their lead in the 37th minute.

From a Jack Connors corner, Tupper was trapped on his line and Christian Smith headed in Dulwich's second. Aaron Barnes came close to grabbing a third goal four minutes later but his rising effort was just too high.

As Dulwich remained on top, a sweeping move involving Chapman, Smith and Clunis saw the latter deliver a cross into the six yard box that was cleared.

The final chance of the half went to the visitors but Preston Edwards was equal to McGregor's shot as he tipped his effort over.

Half Time 2-0

Dulwich opened the half strongly and Nyren Clunis had the ball in the net in the 50th minute, latching on to a delightful pass from Christian Smith, but he was adjudged offside. Almost immediately Crystal Palace pulled a goal back when Pierrick was allowed to drift inside and his fierce shot beat Preston Edwards for pace.

Lokilo went close to an equaliser as he fired just wide with Preston Edwards rooted to the spot.For Dulwich, David Ijaha fired high and wide, whilst Yannis Ambroisine almost added a third goal but his header from a Jack Connors corner landed on the roof of the net. However, two goals in three minutes soon put the visitors in front.

Sloppy defending allowed Crystal Palace to regain possession and McGregor had time and space to pick his spot from the edge of the penalty area.

Dulwich then lost Aryan Tajbakhsh to what looks like a serious injury as he became the second Hamlet player to leave the pith on a stretcher and head for hospital, this one looking more long term than Grainger's earlier concussion injury.

It was just three minutes later when Quade Taylor gave away a clumsy foul on the edge of the penalty area and Lokilo struck a delightful free kick into the top corner.

As Dulwich looked for an equaliser, , Nyren Clunis and Dipo Akinyemi saw efforts blocked before Palace put the game to bed with a smart finish from Lokilo twelve minutes from time.

Final score 2-4

Attendance 1093

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Club sponsors