Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


First XI - Match centre

Dulwich Hamlet
Hemel Hempstead Town
Sat 16 Feb 15:00 - The Vanarama National League - Vanarama National League South Full time Attendance 2,849

Sheriff keeps cool to deliver a point


A hotly disputed 89th minute penalty saw The Hamlet secure a valuable point after recovering from a two goal deficit

For the Dulwich line up click here

The Hamlet rescued a point with an 89th minute penalty coolly converted by substitute Decarrey Sheriff after they had conceded three goals within the opening half hour of the game.

The match opened with the visitors looking dangerous and in just the second minute Parkes wasted a chance, firing over at the near post from a cross by Kpohomouh, whilst two minutes later Watt was also off target with an effort from the edge of the penalty area.

Despite the early pressure from the visitors, it was The Hamlet that took the lead in the 5th minute. A long ball forward was headed infield by Nathan Green directly into the path of Nyren Clunis. He advanced an found Dan Thompson to his right. Thompson fired goalwards and his effort took a wicked deflection that wrong footed Walker in the visitors goal.

For a while Dulwich looked like could extend their advantage but the visitors were soon to level after a miustake by Nathan Mavila. He attempted to control a long ball forward when a first time clearance may have been the better option. Instead, he presented the ball to Howe with a free run to goal and he confidently slotted past Jorgensen in the home goal.

The equaliser heralded a period of very poor defending fr om The Hamlet as The Tudors took a grip on the game. A pass from Watt to Parkes opened up the defence but he could only fire wide from the edge of the penalty area, whilst Lobjoit had an unmarked header saved.

Therefore, it came a s no surprise when the visitors went in front in the 28th minute. Watt played a ball in that was blocked by Okuonghae but it feell into the path of Parkes who fired a curling effort high to the left of Jorgensen.

Dulwich tried to respond immediately, but after getting in behind the visitors defence, Anthony Cook's cross was both too hard and too high to locate any Dulwich players.

With 30 minutes played, the visitors looked to have secured the points when a long ball forward was chested down by Parkes and his instant volley from some 35 yards comfortable beat Jorgensen who seemed to have wandered a long way from his goal.

Only alert defending from Mavila at the far post prevented another chance on goal after Parkes this time crossed into the box, before Dulwich got back into the game in the 36th minute with a scruffy goal. Dipo Akinyemi ran at a retreating defence and his scuffed effort fell into the path of Dan Thompson who bundled the ball past Walker and into the goal.

Two minutes from half time, Thompson thought he had a chance of a hat-trick as he got on the end of a cross from Nyren Clunis, but he was adjudged offside and Walker was out quickly to save anyway.

With the match in the first minute of added time at the end of the half, The Hamlet incredibly escaped conceding a fourth goal. Jorgensen and Chambers got into a mess trying to defend near the goal line on the left. The ball was played across goal but somehow Anthony Cook got back on the line to clear away two efforts at an empty net.

Half Time 2-3

The start of the second half brought little evidence of a Dulwich equaliser and Anthony Cook was booked for a foul that thwarted another dangerous attack, Parkes firing the free kick wide of the near post.

However, Dulwich began to exert some pressure but struggled to create any real chances, although Thompson was just too high with a header from a Clunis cross and Okuonghae headed over from a corner.

The visitors still looked dangerous on the break and the ever dangerous Parkes saw his effort saved by Jorgensen and another effort was wasted after Jorgensen advanced to force another effort to be placed wide.

With fresh pace up front, Dulwich still pressed looking for an equaliser. Michael Chambers saw his header from a Cook free kick clawed out by Walker before the penalty award in the 89th minute. A cross into the penalty area from the right looked to have been headed wide, but Michael Chambers chased the ball to the goal line and attempted to cross it back into the centre. The ball was blocked and went behind, with the referee initially seeming to signal the award of a corner, despite the appeals of the Dulwich players and crowd that the ball had been handled.

However, after some few seconds he pointed to the penalty spot and, after a long delay created by the inevitable protests of the visitors, substitute Decarrey Sheriff stepped up to send Walker the wrong way and bring the scores level.

With a minimum four minutes, plus further time for the protests, to play both sides went for the winner. Dulwich managed to repel the Hemel attack and actually went very close to a winner. Nyren Clunis embarked on a run from his own half against a retreating defence. He was finally closed down some 25 yards out but got away a low shot that beat Walker but also whistled just past the post.

Final Score 3-3
Attendance 2489

The FA SuperKicks app launched to kick-start children's play and learning

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up


Club sponsors