Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


First XI - Match centre

Chippenham Town
Dulwich Hamlet
Sat 6 Apr 15:00 - The Vanarama National League - Vanarama National League South Full time Attendance 532

Dipo Double Moves Hamlet Towards Safety


Dulwich moved closer to safety and secured a first away win since October with a hard fought victory at Chippenham Town.

Dulwich moved closer to safety and secured a first away win since October with a hard fought victory at Chippenham Town.

For the Hamlet line-up visit here

The Hamlet survived a late fight back from the hosts following the dismissal of Nyren Clunis to secure a vital win in their battle to survive relegation.

On a sloping and uneven pitch, Dulwich opened brightly and, from an early cross, Quade Taylor should have done better than an air shot when well placed, whilst Aryan Tajbakhsh fired an effort high and wide.

The next chance saw Dan Thompson hit a weak effort before Dipo Akinyemi saw his low effort across goal touched away from the incoming Dan Thompson by home keeper Brad House.

However, after dominating the opening 12 minutes, it was the home side who were first to put the ball in the net but, fortunately for Dulwich, the player tucking the cross shot home was in an offside position. Dulwich then created another chance in the 15th minute but Connor Hunte's effort was wide.

After a bright opening quarter of an hour, the game entered a lull as both sides failed to create any noteworthy chances, until Dan THompson was just too high with his header after half an hour.

However, Dulwich took the lead in the 36th minute. Nyren Clunis picked up the ball and was clipped by Ossai on the edge of the penalty area as the home player tried to challenge from behind. Dipo Akinyemi confidently converted from the spot.

Dan Thompson could have given The Hamlet breathing space with a second just three minutes later, but somehow missed the target. A long ball bounced over the defender and, whilst he got to the ball in front of the advancing goalkeeper and managed to lift his effort over him, he also managed to place the ball wide of an open goal.

With the first half entering stoppage time, the home side came close to an equaliser but a low cross was turned just wide.

Half Time 0-1

Now playing up the slope, Dulwich were very slow to get going and could easily have surrendered the lead within the opening five minutes, as their own sloppy play invited unnecessary pressure. Preston Edwards pushed a low effort out for a corner, following which Ossai was given time and space to strike an effort that came back off the post.

However, after finally waking up, Dulwich could have extended the lead in the 52nd minute. Dan Thompson was on the end of a 52nd minute cross but, in acres of space, his poor touch off his chest saw a clear chance go begging.

The match drifted along, with neither side able to really create much of note before Gavin Rose made two changes from the bench in the 68th minute, Dan Thompson and Connor Hunte being replaced by Dominic Vose and Anthony Cook.

The changes saw The Hamlet push forward with more purpose as Dominic Vose began to influence the game. He had an effort blocked soon after coming on, whilst Anthony Cook offered more energy up front.

Chippenham always looked as though they could find a way back into the game, with the impressive Josh Smile prompting their attacks, and from a free flowing move it needed Nathan Ferguson to hack the ball away from danger.

With ten minutes remaining it seemed that Dulwich had made the points safe. Anthony Cook came in off the left wing and unleashed an effort that House couldn't hold, and Dipo Akinyemi volleyed home the ball before the keeper could recover.

However, nothing can be certain and, with six minutes remaining, Dulwich were reduced to ten men. Nyren Clunis seemed to be clipped on the edge of the penalty area by Greg Tindle. The referee deemed otherwise and both Clunis and Tindle got themselves into a shoving match that was quickly joined by Dean Evans and others.

It all seemed a lot of something about nothing when the referee called Clunis over and produced a red card for what was later advised to be for a headbutt, although this certainly wasn't seen by anybody looking in on the incident.

With Charlie Allen now on to bolster midfield, the hosts saw their chance to get back into the match and, with three minutes of the original ninety left, Dulwich duly gifted them a goal. A long ball out to the left was not dealt with by Jamie Mascoll. His poor header inside resulted in hesitant defending by Michael Chambers whilst Magnus Okuonghae let it bounce. The ball was played to McCootie and he duly placed it past Preston Edwards.

The referee indicated a minimum five minutes stoppage time and Chippenham duly lofted as many balls into the box as possible. Preston Edwards punched clear on a couple of occasions and was clattered by incoming forwards for his troubles. However, with Charlie Allen sent on for his debut to add further presence to the midfield, Dulwich were able to pressurise the home side into a number of inaccurate balls forward that were straight into the arms of Preston Edwards.

Eventually the final whistle arrived and The Hamlet could put their long barren run away from Champion Hill behind them.

Final Score 1-2

The FA SuperKicks app launched to kick-start children's play and learning

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up


Club sponsors