Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


First XI - Match centre

Dulwich Hamlet
Hungerford Town
Sat 13 Apr 15:00 - The Vanarama National League - Vanarama National League South Full time Attendance 2,841

First Half Blitz Leaves Hamlet Almost Safe


A devastating first half performance secured the three points for The Hamlet.

For the Dulwich line up visit here

Dulwich took a grip on the game with three goals in 21 minutes during the first half, and despite a fightback from Hungerford after the break, Dulwich moved eight points clear of the drop zone with three games left to play.

In a frantic opening to the game it was the visitors who looked the more composed team, but they were unable to get any clear efforts on goal. In fact, it was The Hamlet who should have taken an 11th minute lead but Dipo Akinyemi spurned a clear chance at the far post.

Nathan Ferguson was unlucky to see his long range effort crash back into play off the underside of the bar,before Akinyemi then missed another glorious chance to give Dulwich the lead as he headed over the top when it seemed easier to score.

However, Dulwich grabbed the lead in the 21st minute. A Dulwich corner was cleared to almost the half way line where it reached Jamie Mascoll. He helped it forward to Michael Chambers who was free on the left. With the Hungerford defence pushing out, he squared it to the unmarked Dan Thompson who fired home.

Two minutes later, Anthony Cook put in a cross that just evaded Akinyemi, but Hungerford still looked dangerous and Leigh-Gilchrist should have done better when well placed. However, he shot straight at Preston Edwards.

Dipo Akinyemi headed wide from a Connor Hunte corner in the 36th minute before Dulwich struck again a minute later. Anthony Cook drifted in from the right side and was brought down by Hargreaves. Both Cook and Mascoll stood over the free kick, which Anthony Cook then stepped up and dispatched high to the keeper's left from 25 yards.

Dipo Akinyemi saw another effort just kept out before a third goal arrived in the 42nd minute. Anthony Cook and Connor Hunte played a delightful one-two which freed Hunte to shot low across Luyambula.

Half Time 3-0

The second half could never live up to the first and Hungerford pushed forward as they had nothing to lose. Dulwich seemed to get stuck between defending what they had and adding to it, which meant there was often a little more space available than Gavin Rose would have liked.

Chesmain fired just wide after the ball had ricocheted off the referee, whilst Jamie Mascoll just flicked the ball away from Foxley at the far post. In the 69th minute, Whittingham seized on a mistake by Quade Taylor but shot wide.

Dulwich were content with what they had, but did almost add a fourth when a Charlie Allen effort was clutched on the line by Luyambula.

With 10 minutes remaining the visitors pulled a goal back when sloppy defending from a corner allowed Ekpiteta to turn and shoot from six yards past Preston Edwards.

However, there were no further alarms and the majority of the 2841 crowd headed for home in the knowledge that The Hamlet will almost certainly retain their hard earned place in the Vanarama National League South.

Full Time 3-1

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up


Club sponsors