Code for Players and Coaches
Code for Players
1. Play for enjoyment not just to win
2. Never argue with the referee
3. Control your temper
4. Work equally hard for yourself and your team - your team's performance will benefit and so will your own
5. Be a good sport. Applaud all good play, whether by your team or your opponent.
6. Respect your opponent. Treat all players like you yourself would like to be treated
7. At the final whistle applaud and thank your opponents and the referee for the match
8. Win with humility. Lose with dignity.
9. Respect the facility that you are using and always leave it the way you found it.
Code for Coaches
1. Remember that players need a coach that they can respect. Be generous with your praise when it is deserved and always set a good example
2. Remember that players play for fun and enjoyment and that winning is only part of it. Never ridicule or yell at players for mistakes or losing a match.
3. Insist on fair and disciplined play. Do not tolerate foul play, fighting or foul language. Be prepared to take off an offending player.
4. Never criticise the referee or touch judges during or after a match in front of players or spectators. Always thank the officials after a match has taken place.
5. Be in control of your players at all times and ensure that they behave in a way that brings credit not criticism to your Club