Sat 01
Attleborough Town
Easton First Team
B Cissell (20')
Atlleborough Town 2 Easton 1

Atlleborough Town 2 Easton 1

By Chris Brownbridge
Share via

Outfought and outthought means a wake up call for the First Team

On a grim day for football we made the trip to Attleborough for the first time since a 4-4 draw in our first game in Division 2 4 years ago.

With Matty F added to the ever growing injury list we were able to welcome Hayden back to the side after a couple of weeks away.

From minute one the home side were on the front foot and winning both the first and second balls. Baz was called on (more of this to follow) to make an early block at the back post as a man evaded his marker from a corner before he again saved well when it looked easier to score.

Our first real foray into the Attleborough half saw us take the lead as Matty H picked up a loose ball on the half way line before making 5-10 yards and clipping a pin point ball into the area that found Cissell's head and his effort found the far corner to make it 1-0.

This didn't seem to change the flow of the game though as Attleborough were still the stronger side and after forcing further opportunities they saw a number of balls fly across the Easton goal but they couldn't find a telling touch.

The breakthrough did finally come when they broke away following an Easton corner and after wriggling free far too easily it was left to Sags to fell his man in the box and the man in the middle pointed to the spot and the striker obliged by firing high and hard into the net with 5 minutes to go before half time.

HT 1-1

Halt time didn't stem the flow of the game however and man of the match Baz was being repeatedly called on to keep us in the game. Attleborough were also guilty of wasting 3/4 glorious chances with two fired over the bar with an open goal from no more than a few yards.

There was no protection for the Easton back line as the ball constantly came back at a tiring Easton back line and Baz was again called on as he made 5/6 1v1 saves, one being a stunning point blank save with his left hand as he palmed over the bar.

The winner came from another Easton attack as the home keeper made a good save before launching a long ball down the pitch which evaded everyone before the striker slotted it home despite Baz again getting a hand to the ball.

There was a late moment of controversy as George was clearly felled by a home defender when through on goal but the man in the middle missed it and in fairness we deserved nothing and got it.

FT 2-1

Wake up call needed.

Share via

Match details

Match date

Sat 01, Dec 2018



Meet time