Featherstone Lions ARLFC realise that social media and networking websites have become a regular part of everyday life and that many people enjoy membership of sites such as Facebook or Twitter. However, we are also aware that these sites can become a negative forum for complaining or gossiping and care must be taken not to breach the clubs code of conduct policy or offend anyone whilst using the clubs name when using these services.
The following policy has been designed to give "ALL MEMBERS" of the club clear guidelines as to what Featherstone Lions ARLFC expect of them when accessing these sites. The absence of, or lack of, explicit reference to a specific website or service does not limit the extent of the application of this policy. Where no policy or guidelines exist, "ALL MEMBRS" of the club should use their own judgment and take the most prudent action possible.
Guidance for Personal Use
As a basic rule, if you are not happy for certain individuals to see particular comments, media or information simply do not post it in a public forum or online.
When using social media sites, "All Members" of the club should consider the following:
Ensuring information published on the Internet complies with Featherstone Lions confidentiality and data protection policies.
Breach of any of the clubs policies may result in disciplinary action.
Ensuring you are always respectful towards:
• Featherstone Lions
• Other Club Members of Featherstone Lions
• Parents and Families (including children and other relatives)
• Other Clubs/associations/governing bodies either directly/indirectly connected to Featherstone Lions ARLFC.
"All Members" should be aware that any disrespectful comments to the above might be seen as libellous or defamatory and could result in disciplinary action and/or expulsion from the club.
Featherstone Lions logos and trademarks may not be used without written consent by the committee.
At all times, either at or away from the club, you are an ambassador for Featherstone Lions. Be aware that your actions captured via images, posts or comments online can reflect on the club.
Use of Official Club Website
All information published on the Internet must comply with Featherstone Lions ARLFC confidentiality and data protection policies.
Other club members, parents, children or officials from other associated/non associated clubs/organisations should not be referenced online without their express consent. This includes all photos, videos and other media.
Copyright laws must be respected, with references or sources cited appropriately.
Any club member who becomes aware of social networking activity that would be deemed distasteful should make a member of the committee/site administrator aware as soon as possible.
"All Members" using official accounts must adhere to the above guidelines; breech of this policy may result in disciplinary action and/or expulsion from the club.
By using any "Official" Featherstone Lions sites, you agree that you will not post, publish or submit any of the following material:
• Material that infringes the copyright of another person (plagiarism, or passing off other people’s material as your own) or copyright material not referenced or acknowledged.
• Unauthorized posting of personal information (names, address, phone number, email etc.) of other users.
• Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images.
• Material which defames abuses or threatens others.
• Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
• Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
• No Flaming; there is a difference between voicing a legitimate concern or grievance and simply badmouthing or some other form of written abuse of someone or some service.
• Posts or other material which is deemed inappropriate by the Featherstone Lions or site administrator will be deleted upon discovery. Users who violate the clubs "Social Media & Internet Policy" may lose their access to sites permanently and face further disciplinary action by the club.
• Access suspensions are at the sole discretion of the committee and/or site administrator.
• Any person actively using these sites is implicitly agreeing to these rules regardless of whether they have been read or not.
If you are unhappy about anything which you see anywhere on our sites or reference to Featherstone Lions on any other site, please email/contact a member of the committee.