It was good to be back at the club and to see so many parents and players enjoy the open space and warm sunshine.
It was clear to me that everyone had missed the Sunday sessions and the important role our club has to play through sport in the well-being of its members and the wider community.
Latest RFU Covid advice - I wanted to update you on the law changes announced by the Government on Wednesday 9 September in relation to the ban on groups of more than six people meeting socially indoors and outdoors. Although social gatherings of more than six people will be banned in England from Monday 14 September, the Government has confirmed that organised sports and activities that have been through return to play protocols can continue. With the exception of clubs impacted by local lockdown restrictions, we remain at Stage D on the Return to Community Rugby Roadmap.
The rugby community can continue to organise non-contact fixtures with other clubs using Ready4Rugby and other touch rugby activity.
Limited and restricted contact rugby training can also be continued. Detail of the permitted training activity is available in the return to contact training guidance.
Touch rugby tournament for each age group (U12s up to Seniors) on Saturday 12th September - followed by a BBQ/drinks afterwards to bring some much-needed money into the club as well as uniting us together as a community.
We have staggered the playing times for the day and pitch allocations. Age groups are welcome to join in their slots if they wish. Pitches will be set up for the new Ready4Rugby version of touch. To help highlight the playing pathway as players progress up the club each age group will have several senior players to provide support and encouragement on the day.
11.00 - 12.30pm - U12s/U13s
12.30 - 2.00pm- U14s/
2.00 - 3.30pm - U16s/U18s
3.30 - 5.00pm - Seniors
For track and trace purposes all coaches need to keep a record of attendance for your age group, this should include players and parents. Please hand your records in after the tournament.
Little minis (U3-U5) - 9.50am - 10.40am
Minis (U7-U12) – 9.30am -11.00am – please arrive early to register and make your way down onto the Glebelands.
Youth (U13-U18)– 11.15am -1.00pm – Youth will start 15mins later than usual to allow the minis to maintain social distancing when they leave.
Registration continues Sunday - The registration desk will be on the top pitch dead ball area.
Please ask parents to come ready for registration.
The fees this year have been set at £130 and they can be paid by card, cheque, cash or online here.
You can pay online here (M&Y Playing Membership -£130)
If you are paying online, please confirm who you are “paying for” i.e. add your sons/daughters name in the box
Maintaining social distancing – By and large this was adhered to but every age group needs to be aware and implement the key health and safety points -
• a register of all players, coaches, parents should be taken and kept for each session (the seniors have used Pitchero to track player availability, plan for sessions based on numbers and save data for track and trace purposes).
• players should arrive in kit as no changing facilities are available at this time.
• toilets are available only in the clubhouse and home dressing room side.
• everyone present is responsible for their own hand hygiene including washing hands pre- and post-training and bringing their own hand sanitizer.
• there should be no sharing of water bottles and each player should bring their own clearly labelled bottle.
• any bibs used must be washed before the next session
• any other equipment (poles, cones etc) should be wiped down at the end of a session.
• touch rugby games (see Ready4Rugby) should last no longer than 15 minutes before a 5-minute water break.
• balls should be washed in a bucket of soapy water in between games by the coach. You will find the buckets on the terrace, ready for use.
• PLAYERS/PARENTS SHOULD NOT ATTEND SESSIONS IF THEY FEEL UNWELL OR DISPLAY ANY POTENTIAL SYMPTOMS and should notify the coach/team admin ASAP if they are concerned, they may/have test positive for Covid-19 so that other players can be notified