Club Guidelines and Policies 1 of 3
1. Coach Code of Conduct
- CHILDREN play for FUN and ENJOYMENT; winning is only part of this.
- NEVER ridicule or shout at a child for making mistakes or losing games.
- CONDEMN any act of physical, verbal or psychological abuse of a child.
- AVOID over playing of talented players; the average ones deserve time and attention.
- BE REASONABLE in your demands on children’s time, energy and enthusiasm – remember they have other interests.
- TEACH children to respect the judgment of officials. Never publicly criticise an official or other coach.
- MAKE a personal commitment to keep informed on sound coaching principles and the principles of growth and development of children.
- GROUP players according to age, height skill and physical ability wherever possible.
- FOLLOW the advice of medical personnel when deciding if a player can return following injury.
- A SUCCESSFUL coach invests more time in the wellbeing and interests of players than their own win-loss record.
- READ, understand, acknowledge and put into practice the guidelines set out in the Club’s Child Protection Guidelines, Health & Safety and Equality processes to ensure a safe, effective and child friendly club.