Folly Lane ARLFC
- ‘Power charge’ your day with BREAKFAST
e.g. porridge, Shredded Wheat, Weetabix
- Aim to eat a total of 6-8 smaller servings spread every 2-3 hours
- Ensure you are adequately FUELLED for exercise
e.g. eat 1.5 – 2 hours before training/matches
- After exercise, make sure you adequately RE-FUEL
e.g. bring a banana to each training session to eat on the way home, then have a serving/meal within 1 hour of finishing training/matches.
- Aim to drink a minimum of 3 – 4 litres of fluid EVERY day
Carry a bottle of water with you at ALL times if possible
- Make sure you bring a drink to training
This can be an energy drink, e.g. Lucozade Sport, Powerade
If you want to decrease body fat, WATER is better
- Aim to consume a minimum of 5 servings of fruit and vegetables EVERY day
Fruit is an ideal snack, e.g. apple, peach, kiwi, strawberries
- Finally, where possible, avoid sugary and/or fatty foods, e.g. crisps, cakes, sweets, biscuits etc ... especially before sleeping.