Forest Hill FA Vase dramatic eight goal thriller ends all square 4-4

Forest Hill FA Vase dramatic eight goal thriller ends all square 4-4

10 September 2017
Share via

Replay scheduled for Wednesday as East Preston scrape a debatable stalemate...

Forest Hills visit to West Sussex to play higher level league opposition outfit, East Preston, proved to be an exciting contest for the onlookers.

FHP will be the ones disappointed that another match will need to be contested between the teams this Wednesday evening at Ladywell Arena.

Forest Hill shocked the hosts early in the bright sunlight by playing some exciting attractive football, to open the scoring in the first minute as Hanif finished off an exciting team move.


FHP doubled their lead within 5 minutes, again the build up play and execution proved too sharp for the hosts, as Jay slotted past the oncoming keeper.


The hosts responded minutes later, against the run of play, from an attack, with a powerful, tight angled strike, ricocheting off the far post into the net.


FHP were still the dominant force in terms of creating goal scoring opportunities & possession play, but Preston defended well at times & were an occasional threat.
The two goal advantage was reinstated as Marco reacted the quickest from a corner, to shoot from close range in a packed box.


This match was a typical cup tie, end to end and full of action.
Shortly after Preston pulled a goal back from an instinctive finish in the box.


The home side were in search of the all important equaliser, by chasing the game, with that tactic deployed, FHP exploited spaces in behind the East Preston rear guard, and really should have put the tie beyond the hosts as chance after chance were not scored, a culmination of fine goalkeeping, hitting the post and poor finishing, the match was still within reach for East Preston.

With ten minutes to go, the hosts equalised to take the match into extra time with a good strike off the crossbar into the net.


Extra time

Within the first few minutes of E.T, Adam found his way into the box to give his side the deserved lead with a fine finish.


The hosts worked extremely hard throughout & still posed a threat up front, but FHP defended resolutely. Both sides created chances but the it looked as though Forest Hill would hold on to their well deserved lead.

The referee played a debatable long period of injury time. With Seconds remaining East Preston won a free kick wide, near the half way line. With what proved to be the last kick of the game, in the packed box, the ball was launched into the area, and what looked like a clear foul on the visiting goalkeeper, the resulting free kick saw the ball nestling into the roof of the net.


A killer blow for Forest Hill not to see out the win, based on the overall performance, balance of play and chances created, it was FHP that should be through to the next stage, without having to play again in a few days time.

However, Forest Hill will have to play again to host East Preston at Ladywell Arena, London SE6 4QX, Wednesday 13th September 2017, kick off 7.45 pm

Share via