Powered By
How to Get Registration for F1

How to Get Registration for F1

By Jack Oliver
24 March
Share via

Any international student wishing to study in the United States will need to obtain a US student visa...

Any international student wishing to study in the United States will need to obtain a US student visa. Most students are issued an F1 key, and the general outline/process flow for obtaining an F1 visa is as follows:

To be accepted in a SEVP approved school.

Before you can apply for your F1 student visa to the United States, you must apply and be accepted by a school approved by the SEVP.

Pay your SEVIS fee and receive your I-20

Once you accept, you will need to pay a SEVIS I-901 fee to enroll in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Then, your school will provide you with an I-20 form. This form will be presented to the Consular Officer when you attend your F-1 visa interview. If your spouse and your children plan to live with you in the United States while studying, individual Form I-20s will be required, but they will not be necessary to enroll in SEVIS.

Complete the visa application

Applying for an F1 student visa can vary depending on the US embassy or consulate you are dealing with. You will need to pay a non-refundable visa application fee. An online visa application is available, which allows you to complete and print the DS-160 form for your F1 visa interview.

Schedule and prepare for your interview

You can schedule your F1 visa interview with the US Embassy or Consulate. Wait for an appointment for a consultation, depending on location, weather, and visa category. So you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. Before your study start date, Formule 1 News student visas to the United States may be issued for up to 120 days. You will only be able to enter the United States with an F1 visa 30 days before your start date.

The following documents are required for your F1 visa interview:

• A valid passport

• Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form DS-160

• Receipt of payment of application fee

• Passport photo

• Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant (F1) Student Status (Form 1-20)

Additional documents may require you to prove your eligibility for an F1 student visa, including academic transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates. Tour scores such as TOEFL, SAT, GRE, or GMAT may also be requested, as well as your departure to the United States. Once your program is completed, and your financial stability is proven. Requests may also be made with proof of intent.

Attend your F1 visa interview

Your F1 visa interview will determine if you are eligible for an F1 student visa to the United States. Assuming that you have prepared the appropriate documents and met all F1 visa requirements, your access will be approved at the Consular Officer's discretion.

You will need to pay a visa issuance fee. Digital Fingerprint Scan Record Will be taken Your passport will be taken so you can get your visa, and you will be notified when you bring it back, whether you pick it up or by mail.

Share via